sjak92

Speed Limit Info Group Buy

@carrman You are so right and it is killing me - this thing isn't designed to be driven in ECO PRO Mode but a bet is a bet and I reckon at this rate I'll be around 32MPG at 18,000 miles and then it will be game on and ECO PRO will be distant memory lol :rolleyes:

I may have found someone that will be able to do this much cheaper, but, I won’t know for around 3/4 weeks.

The price i have been quoted is £140! Which makes me wonder:

a) too cheap?

b) is my original source overcharging for the FSC?

no further people are incoming in terms of numbers. 

Guess the coder would like £500 for his day’s work so £50-ish each leaves £90 for the FSC. Maybe cheap and wants confirming? Don’t want it disappearing on the next update. But no obvious way to confirm either guy I suppose.

Edited by Boba

7 hours ago, Boba said:

Guess the coder would like £500 for his day’s work so £50-ish each leaves £90 for the FSC. Maybe cheap and wants confirming? Don’t want it disappearing on the next update. But no obvious way to confirm either guy I suppose.

One forums member here actually went direct to the first suggested coder and his SLI works. 

£140 is individual price. I am willing to test this on my car and if it works, arrange for everyone else as long as you lot chip in for a crate of beer for me :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, taz101 said:

Wait - does this only work in ECO PRO mode??

No I didn’t attach three pictures but rest assured it works in Comfort Sport and Eco Pro modes up to 155mph evidently :wacko:

2 hours ago, sjak92 said:

One forums member here actually went direct to the first suggested coder and his SLI works. 

£140 is individual price. I am willing to test this on my car and if it works, arrange for everyone else as long as you lot chip in for a crate of beer for me :rolleyes:

Your going to have a lot of beer if it’s that price 

4 hours ago, sjak92 said:

I'm actually willing to go direct as well if thats ok can you ping me his contact info?

2 hours ago, ocarrollr82 said:

Sorry, for some reason it misssed the last page of update my date suggestion was when we were all meeting up. If that’s no longer relevant I am happy to go direct if you can send across his details. 

I think we're going to struggle to all ultimately arrange and agree to a specific date and more importantly, place as we all seem to be saying "X is too far..can we do this instead?..can we change the date?" perhaps it's easier if we all just go to the guy individually and feed back our experience that way we can do it as soon or as far away as we want and where we want?

Thoughts?

Where is he based? If he’s Deep South it might be awkward for me to arrange a single deal. Alternatively any coders known towards my neck of the woods?

Edited by Boba

22 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Could you just post the guys details here please OP so we can contact him 

3 hours ago, taz101 said:

Could you just post the guys details here please OP so we can contact him 

That completely defeats the purpose of a group buy and any opportunity for people to get a discount. 

Not really the the reason why I started this thread. 

As mentioned earlier, once we get the commuted numbers and you happen to be closer to coder than meet point, happy for you to arrange with him direct if he will be happy to accommodate. 

Edited by sjak92

3 hours ago, sjak92 said:

That completely defeats the purpose of a group buy and any opportunity for people to get a discount. 

Not really the the reason why I started this thread. 

As mentioned earlier, once we get the commuted numbers and you happen to be closer to coder than meet point, happy for you to arrange with him direct if he will be happy to accommodate. 

I understand OP but we need to approach this like a Project. It needs a delivery date where we agree its 'this guy doing it' and 'in this location' and 'on this date' or else we will just keep discussing it for months. Most of the issues seem to be people saying X is 'a bit awkard for me' I think we just need to agree middle of the country and thats the end of it if you can do it great if you cant you need to leave it. However it doesnt sound like you will get the 10 you set out for so perhaps we should look at 8 as you have that number now?

@taz101

Totally unhelpful and inappropriate - if I was organising and you posted that you be respectfully ask to leave the group.