e34m525i

E46 325i 2002 manual touring lpg converted (alpina bumper etc)

Bought this for the wife who decided she now wants an s max!

155k, cloth interior, steel blue metallic paint, Alpina genuine I believe front bumper, also tow bar with all the electrics etc, (not tested that as I don’t have anything to tow!)

it was bought with a slipping clutch, I’ve just had a brand new luk 3 piece clutch kit installed and also a good used low millage duel mass fly wheel

the gas kit is sequential and is made by aeb/tartrini it’s a very good kit and would have been a good £1500 conversion when it was done, gives the equivalent of around 40-50mpg with gas at under 60p a litre!

It has e90 wheels on that really suit it well, there a more aggressive offset than what would usually be on a e46 so has a stanced look to it.

the negatives are 

Front windows ok going down but slow to come back up

alpina bumper could do with a blast of paint due to stone chips.

has a pretty bad oil leak from rocker cover although I have a gasket and plan to fix this before the sale. As the oil burns on heat shield and in traffic can be smelled in car etc, as above this will be done next week.

thermost is lazy so takes so generally sits at 1/4 and goes to half way in traffic, have a replacement behr one that will come with car.

a/c is not cold so may need a regas or further work to fix?

the wheels along with some possibly worn bushings do make the car tram line when on motorway (not sure if it’s wheels or bushes that are causing it as I’ve not had an e46 before this one!) 

but other than the above it’s generally a decent enough car that’s cheap and practical to run! Any inspection welcome etc 

its insured and taxed until 1st Monday of sept when I’ll be sorning it. So test drives are welcome.

£995 I’ve described it as accurately as possible, I’ve no use for it having 4 other cars, Will make some one a nice cheap daily hack!

4128062_E_AF83_424_D_9_CCE_998_D844_FE1_
D88_FF8_C9_C0_F0_4387_ADFF_C06_C2_E70_F3
3901_E677_9306_4994_8199_194_D00590126.j
93846301_B5_CA_40_AE_9_FCF_4_D65451_DE6_
EAD86561_2_A18_4_C5_C_B118_A949_CE9_FBD7
D5_A76_CFE_95_FA_4_F31_AB31_D1106_E75_DC

Edited by e34m525i

On 9/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, Chu346 said:

Shame it’s a bit of a drive from Leicester

Pfft; a few hours both ways ;) 

It’s Sold now but I’m always brutally honest when I sell somthing as I want the buyer to know exactly what there buying, and if someone is travelling it’s not fair to mis describe and then waste peoples time etc! As I’ve had it happen to me plenty of times in the past and if the seller had been honest I wouldn’t have wasted time and petrol lol

28 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

As above, i'd much rather a car was under sold than hyped up. I also hate the "its just a £20 fix" to defend a fault.

Yup; like the 'aircons not working but it just need a £30 top-up'... Well; if it's just that; then do it before you sell it otherwise you're trying to hide that it's never worked or it's stopped working etc...

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yup; like the 'aircons not working but it just need a £30 top-up'... Well; if it's just that; then do it before you sell it otherwise you're trying to hide that it's never worked or it's stopped working etc...

I know the it’s a cheap fix things are annoying!

Though there is something to be said for a thoroughly crap car - you just forgive its failings, the nicer the car the more the tiniest things irk you!

Many years ago i had a mk1 astra GTE that packed up, tried loads of things to no avail and needed a car. Bought in the dark and rain a cavalier SRI (to swap parts to the astra) without MOT for £180 i think it was.

In the day light it was better than i hoped and took it for an MOT - failed on tyres, a broken indicator, cracked number plate, rusty arch and a bit of grot in the cill.

Swapped wheels from the astra, bought a number plate and got an indicator from the breakers, £40 of welding and an afternoon with beer cans, filler and a rattle can and it had an MOT.

Drove it for 6 months, only other thing i did was spray some stone chip on the front spoiler. not sure i washed it and definitely didnt service it. it was rubbish but all the better for it.

by substitution from the cav i fixed the astra (ecu as it happens) and bought one from the scrappers then sold the cav for £400 8)

Happy days.