Westy

E60 LCI LED side light bulbs

My drivers side angel eye side light stopped working on Sunday so I need a replacement. I thought It would be nice to upgrade the bulbs to leds to match the Xenon head lights. I thought it would be an easy search on this forum or google but oh how wron I was. I appear to have dropped down the rabbit hole. Can someone please help.

can I get LED angle eyes for my 2009 LCI E60 with Xenon adaptive headlights without the need to cut and glue things? If the answer is no then I’ll order myself some standard bulbs. Thought it would be nice to put in LEDs if it was an easy swap.

thanks in advance.

Westy

I think im right in saying your lights are just about the same as my pre lci adaptive xenons and I have fitted leds for the angel eyes.

I you look for my post on angel eyes probably on the next page that has lots of info and links that will help you.

Thanks for the post. Yep it’s pretty confusing. Even HIDs Direct have so many options. I’ll go by the reviews on HIDs direct but a lot of them are currently out of stock.

The leds that are quite expensive (don’t remember the name) that someone mentioned in that post I found to be out of stock however I did find them direct from the USA I think. 

Sorry for hi-jacking but don't really want to start another thread on the same subject..

I've an LCI with halogens and would like to upgrade the stock BA9S/H10W bulbs to LED. I tried simply removing the stock bulb from the cone-shaped holder with an LED one but for some reason the LED wouldn't light up so it looks like I'll need to buy a full LED unit. Just wondering if this is the one to go for? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-No-Error-BMW-5-Series-E60-E61-LCI-CREE-LED-20W-Angel-Eye-Halo-Ring-Light-Bulb/202345270414?fits=Plat_Gen%3AE60&hash=item2f1cb7cc8e:g:rPUAAOSw1SJbe69i

Or are there any better/brighter alternatives?

Thanks.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, Duff said:

Sorry for hi-jacking but don't really want to start another thread on the same subject..

I've an LCI with halogens and would like to upgrade the stock BA9S/H10W bulbs to LED. I tried simply removing the stock bulb from the cone-shaped holder with an LED one but for some reason the LED wouldn't light up so it looks like I'll need to buy a full LED unit. Just wondering if this is the one to go for? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-No-Error-BMW-5-Series-E60-E61-LCI-CREE-LED-20W-Angel-Eye-Halo-Ring-Light-Bulb/202345270414?fits=Plat_Gen%3AE60&hash=item2f1cb7cc8e:g:rPUAAOSw1SJbe69i

Or are there any better/brighter alternatives?

Thanks.

I have an LCI with halogens and have these. They will fit, but don't expect them to be bright like modern LED drls. I bought them to match up with the LED H7's I recently upgraded to. The color matches but they are as good as invisible during daytime. I've read elsewhere, and now really do believe that because of the design of these rings it makes next to no difference if you put 100w bulbs in there or 10w. You will get next to no extra light out. They sure do look good at dusk though :)

Keliuss

Cheers for the info. Yeah, I didn't expect them to look like the modern DRLs. That's the dream :lol: . I've 5000k HID's fitted and just wanted something to match up with them like yourself. Out of interest, how are you finding the LEDs? hard to fit?

Yes, I suppose I'd have to say they were hard to fit. They were definitely not a straight in plug n play fit. Lots of dremeling of the adapter rings and a little on the LED heatsink fins to get them right. I'm pretty handy when it comes to "making" something fit, so I'd imagine many people would give up.

Thought I'd have problems with beam pattern but it's spot on no matter the rotation of the bulb. High beams dust cover fits back on but the squarish low beam cover doesn't go over the LED heatsink. For the moment they are off but I intend to "re-engineer" them a bit bigger and once again "make" them fit. :)

Keliuss

Took me an hour to fit the new ones. Drivers side was a doddle but I needed to remove the whole light unit to do the passenger side. I think they look great so I’m well happy with them. Hope they last!

B40A2C17-13F8-4862-9E78-F844BF29DBDF.jpeg

E909ABD4-B8CE-46D4-93E0-A21177111B8E.jpeg