Joss

Engine crane fell over on the e12 m535i....

Well as said I moved the e12 at the weekend and sods law it was near an engine crane in the garden which then proceeded to fall over on it about 20min later. 2 massive dents in the freshly painted rear quarter from the wheels. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe...

Only saving grace is that you can reach both from the inside so hopefully a dent remover can make it look ok but it has cracked the paint above one of the dents so it'll never be right until it gets done again.

I've been really hard up the last 12 months so the car isn't even back together from the last time it was at the body shop having new rear quarters , boot floor, lower scuttle and rear valance welded in. :-( 

Not having the best of luck atm

I just put the car cover back on it I was so pissed off mate. I'll take some tonight.

Do you need a  body cut Joss?

dunno yet mate. It’s not on a crease so I’m hoping it can be sorted without a new piece. However I will give you a shout if it does. Thabks mate 

Bugger :( what a total bore. At least it wasnt the roof or screen pillar, mind!

Mate of mine had the lid pop off a tin of emulsion paint his boot once. Fortunately it was only an old vectra, but white paint black carpet. We simply got some brushes out and painted the bits it didnt quite reach !! 

19 hours ago, hippie dave said:

Bugger :( what a total bore. At least it wasnt the roof or screen pillar, mind! 

Very true mate. If you look carefully you can see your side skirts in the picture :lol:

gutted

Once the dents have been taken out, maybe try some Chipex?

I've read alot about it on various forums and took the plunge. Got a pack sat here waiting to go (it's just finding the time now!)

Yes I have chipex kit for it. Contacted a company for a quote. Hopefully find out today.