I would consider layering and upgrading your home security IMO. 

Definitely at best getting toughened glass on large doors replaced with laminate, upgraded locks and additional security lighting. These twats don't give a shite about CCTV, but lighting should make you more aware.

Most are going for the rear were security tends to be more lax, and many don't know about the toughened safety glass in many doors which is piss easy to get through, unlike laminate.

23 hours ago, Ninja59 said:

Definitely at best getting toughened glass on large doors replaced with laminate, upgraded locks and additional security lighting. These twats don't give a shite about CCTV, but lighting should make you more aware.

Most are going for the rear were security tends to be more lax, and many don't know about the toughened safety glass in many doors which is piss easy to get through, unlike laminate.

And while you at it install a couple of gun towers engage full 24 hours security patrols with dogs and erect an electric fence, if nothing else these measures should slow down their access. 

Alternatively we could just deal with these individuals in society appropriately and ensure that the penalties handed down deter this behaviour - the roads are in a state they can bloody well sort them and complete other community projects. F'in low life scum. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BacktoBeemer said:

And while you at it install a couple of gun towers engage full 24 hours security patrols with dogs and erect an electric fence, if nothing else these measures should slow down their access. 

Alternatively we could just deal with these individuals in society appropriately and ensure that the penalties handed down deter this behaviour - the roads are in a state they can bloody well sort them and complete other community projects. F'in low life scum. :rolleyes:

Problem is, you’ve got to catch the little fookers first...and the amount that don’t get caught outweigh those that do unfortunately.

Anything you can do to prevent yourself being a victim is the best thing to do in my opinion.

Totally agree though - when they do get caught the penalties are normally light!

On 8/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ninja59 said:

The fire brigade normally advise against fitting laminated glass in houses.

great thinking and initiative mobilejo . I'm sure you do well in your line of work :)

Interesting they were looking for a tracker and were waiting that out, for how long who knows. Anyway it just seems to confirm the that the purpose of the police is to provide an insurance number

FINALLY GOT THE CAR BACK!

Actually got it on Friday but have been enjoying it too much to post on here :D

7 weeks without my car and driving 9/10 different cars in that time has REALLY made me realise how much I love this car.

Among others, I have had an E Class Amg line E220d, C Class Sport line C220d, Insignie 1.6d manual, Ford Edge 4x4, A class AMG line A180d auto and a few others as courtesy cars (I kept changing them as I hated them all except maybe the insignia which was not too bad). I also bought a 2003 325i coupe in imola red for a bargain price as a run around when my courtesy car period ended. Without a doubt, I enjoyed driving none of them on anything near the same level as I enjoy my car (the 325i is fun in an old school car sort of way though). I appreciate it so much more now. Glad I know that I hate the E class too, stops me thinking 'what if'...

Double post...

But I will add the came back better than I left it before it was stolen - 2 new alloys & tyres and numerous self inflicted minor marks all repaired.

Edited by mobilejo

Great news. Wow so many different courtesy cars. I had a e350d coupe before good car but hates corners. Look after her. 

37 minutes ago, Babaikram said:

Of all the courtesy cars, you preferred insignia to E220d amg line. Interesting. May I ask why?

OK when you put it like that, it sounds odd doesn't it? It comes down to price v enjoyment; The e class is a much more expensive car and I had paid to upgrade my courtesy car to get the E, so I was judging a car that was costing me money to be in, to the insignia which was the free option. Much like in the real world, the E class costs more so expectations are different.

Price being not a factor, the E class is a better car of course. But at even £10 a day, I prefered the Insignia and here's why:

The E class was an AMG line with passive suspension (equiv. to the M Sport passive suspension I have in my G30) - handling wise it was all over the place; harsh over bumps but zero body control and wallowy during aggressive driving. It may have felt less wallowy on 20's like my G30, but that would certainly have made it even harsher on the bumps.

The engine was fine, but the programming of the ZF box was poor; it was often in the wrong gear and even in sport mode it didn't seem change gear any quicker, just changed up later. We know how good the ZF box can be so clearly this is down to how MB have programmed the software.

The infotainment system is dire and a complete pain to use - so unintuitive and laggy. The lag may be better with the upgraded full TFT widescreen dash. It felt like there was no consistency in the menus - you do ABC to achieve a result in the media menu, but to achieve the same result in the nav menu required XYZ. I was constantly frustrated with it, and I got on well with the systems in most of the other cars.

The MB sport seat is smaller than my G30 sport seat, and I'm a big guy at 6'6. There is also less leg room, which at my height, is a game changer.

Interior quality wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either - some bits felt cheap like the centre arm rest and the 'lid' over the cup holder in the centre console.

Lastly, I thought I would love the ambient lighting as there are more colour options than in the G30. However the way it is implemented did not impress me; it was not as 'sharp' as the line of light you get at the top of the trims in the G30. In the E,  it was bright, but more diffused and less focused. I didn't like it, which was a big surprise to me.

Now the Insignia I liked because despite its more economical approach, I had lots of leg room, relatively comfy seating, and a basic but easy to use infotainment system that accomplished its few tasks without fuss. Nothing fancy but adequate without causing me any frustration. Also being a manual, I had no gripes with the gearbox. I love a good auto box, but I'll take a manual over a crap auto box anyday. 

In summary, the E class to me was like a bad meal at a posh restaurant, whilst the Insignia was like a good meal at a cheap cafe. The first aimed high and failed IMHO whilst the second had a very simple mission and got those simple things right.

1 minute ago, Carrera77 said:

Doesnt MB have 9 speed auto transmission vs 8 speed for BMW. That would make some difference

I believe MB have both a 7 and 9 speed 'box available depending on model

58 minutes ago, Babaikram said:

Thanks mobilejo. No wonder I have not seen many of E Class on the road 

I'm not sure how well they're selling, but I will say that my opinion is just my experience and I am simply not a fan of the Mercedes way in general so I could be biased. 

53 minutes ago, Carrera77 said:

Doesnt MB have 9 speed auto transmission vs 8 speed for BMW. That would make some difference

I don't what the reasoning is, but when you wanted to go fast it was reluctant to kick down, but often when just cruising the gear was too high. It was odd.

10 hours ago, mobilejo said:

I don't what the reasoning is, but when you wanted to go fast it was reluctant to kick down, but often when just cruising the gear was too high. It was odd.

I would reason more speeds would be great for sequential changes like improving 0-60 times and getting better mpg. But if you are cruising along then it has to work out what gear to change to (i,e whether to drop one or two gears)

Anyway this is the future - Ford has 10 speed transmissions

3 hours ago, Carrera77 said:

I would reason more speeds would be great for sequential changes like improving 0-60 times and getting better mpg. But if you are cruising along then it has to work out what gear to change to (i,e whether to drop one or two gears)

Anyway this is the future - Ford has 10 speed transmissions

Any more gears, and you might as well have CVT :lol:  There must be a sweet-spot with regard to required gears, but I'm not sure that more is necessarily better.