NoSmokeNoPoke

Cabin wind noise.

This is a proper pain in my a##e now. Above 50mph there’s wind noise coming from either the top of the screen or in through the interior light centre unit where the mirror is. I thought it could be the windscreen seal so I ran a bead of silicone along it. No joy still the same I can’t put my finger on where it’s comjng from. Could it be the sunroof seal? Long journeys are getting really annoying now as it starts to whistle at 70mph. 

Check the plastic vertical infill either side of the windscreen.. During one cold winter i think the frost popped them out a bit on mine and it took me ages to find the source of the whistling.. 

I gave them a tap with the palm of my hand from top to bottom which re-seated them

2 hours ago, Blobby said:

Check the plastic vertical infill either side of the windscreen.. During one cold winter i think the frost popped them out a bit on mine and it took me ages to find the source of the whistling.. 

I gave them a tap with the palm of my hand from top to bottom which re-seated them

Is this a part on the exterior or interior mate? 

21 hours ago, NoSmokeNoPoke said:

Is this a part on the exterior or interior mate? 

16 hours ago, Dotcom1970 said:

Exterior

What he said.. I would take a picture but i'm on my hols

Just looked at OEM site, yes on mine it was part 2 both sides that had popped out slightly due to the frost pushing them out..

A gentle tap with the palm of my hand had pushed them in about 2-3mm which stopped all the whistling

I had a shocking whistle from up above when I bought my 550i and pinned it down to the seal around the sunroof.  Sorted by genuine seal from BMW_Direct via ebay part number 5410724555 cost around £26 from memory.  Bit of a b****r to get the old glue off with thinners but 100% cure.  Could not run without  inner cover closed before sorting due to the noise.  I later discovered this was a known problem.

11 hours ago, Oldbmwman said:

I had a shocking whistle from up above when I bought my 550i and pinned it down to the seal around the sunroof.  Sorted by genuine seal from BMW_Direct via ebay part number 5410724555 cost around £26 from memory.  Bit of a b****r to get the old glue off with thinners but 100% cure.  Could not run without  inner cover closed before sorting due to the noise.  I later discovered this was a known problem.

I have a sunroof Seal to get fitted bud. Selling up I think so it can go with the car.