Sign in to follow this  
Fezzy16v

Mercedes E63s

Well at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway. I pull up behind an 11 plate Mercedes E63s.  Now, my F30 330d is know slouch as people know. I pull up behind him, stick mine is Sport mode. The lights go to green, I give mine everything it has and he has absolutely left me for dead....

I wasn’t expecting to keep up really but it just goes to show how a pretty quick car is not even close to that of a performance car.  I’m not into racing, I just wanted to see how mine would fair against an AMG.....those cars don’t half go and what a noise.

Yes sir! 

Still looking for my cls55 AMG ;) 

had a slight set back last week so I doubt i’ll Be getting one in September? Maybe look around January to see if I can nab one for super cheap! ;) 

Honestly due to events beyond my control I might have lost the car fund this time? I’m not saying I have but it’s not looking good! Come September I’ll know where I’m at, if not sept. hopefully December or January! ;) 

Hope you got the issues with yours sorted Fez. 

Having been in the Amg coupe with the same engine, you were never going to do well against a 5.5l biturbo petrol! 

Edited by SuperDave

4 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Hope you got the issues with yours sorted Fez. 

Having been in the Amg coupe with the same engine, you were never going to do well against a 5.5l biturbo petrol! 

Hi Dave,

i recently did an 800 miles round trip to Cornwall and the car performed perfectly.  I can still hear a rumbling noise above 70 though but I’m having to put it down to the Bridgestone runflats.

I had it back in Williams and they said it had been road tested and they couldn’t find any such fault with the wheels.  So, to cut a lot my story short I’m having to take their word for it.

As for that E63, I’m not sure whether it was the 6.2 lump or the 5.5 bi turbo. Either way it left me for dead lol and made me look a bit silly lol

41 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Trouble is, everytime i hear that amg engine, i want one! 

Yep i know that feeling well.  For my budget, I could have bought an 08 plate E63 or CLS 63 AMG.  However, these 6.2 V8 engines suffer with a 'headbolt issue' and knowing my luck i would buy one with such a problem.  Obviously, its a new engine should these fail...

1 hour ago, SuperDave said:

Trouble is, everytime i hear that amg engine, i want one! 

Every time I hear that engine it's usually an idiot yoof trying to redline it on town roads sadly. 

They sound great though. 

Another example where power (petrol) beats torque (Diesel) ;)

Or the E63 driver thought you were an M3 and went for it in case you were going to embarrass them.

I don't bother with traffic light Grand Prixs anymore as you never know what the other "Prix" will do. Lol

2 hours ago, Fezzy16v said:

Yep i know that feeling well.  For my budget, I could have bought an 08 plate E63 or CLS 63 AMG.  However, these 6.2 V8 engines suffer with a 'headbolt issue' and knowing my luck i would buy one with such a problem.  Obviously, its a new engine should these fail...

Hence the reason in looking for the 55 ;) 

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Another example where power (petrol) beats torque (Diesel) ;)

Or the E63 driver thought you were an M3 and went for it in case you were going to embarrass them.

I don't bother with traffic light Grand Prixs anymore as you never know what the other "Prix" will do. Lol

Well mine is Estoril Blue with the xenons so he had obviously clocked me lol. I bet he thought I’m not chancing this and being shown up by an M3, off we go haha.

21 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Hence the reason in looking for the 55 ;) 

Very sensible. That 55 engine is bullet proof. I’m yet to hear any horror stories about it

Also with the cls55 being such a short ran car, I think it won’t be an investment per-say but I do think it’ll be free motoring as more and more people realize this....

also with a slight tune they’re up there in the same power as the 63 and with a slightly bigger tune they surpass it ;) 

what was it Wayne from Wayne’s World used to say? “One it shall be mine!” :lol:

On 8/11/2018 at 1:45 PM, Yokozuna said:

Also with the cls55 being such a short ran car, I think it won’t be an investment per-say but I do think it’ll be free motoring as more and more people realize this....

also with a slight tune they’re up there in the same power as the 63 and with a slightly bigger tune they surpass it ;) 

what was it Wayne from Wayne’s World used to say? “One it shall be mine!” :lol:

What age range CLS are you looking for?

6 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Well seems as the cls55 AMG was only available from 05-06, that range! ;) 

Why do you ask @Loadmaster?

Purely out of interest. Big AMG fan myself.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:11 AM, duncan-uk said:

Every time I hear that engine it's usually an idiot yoof trying to redline it on town roads sadly. 

Hmmm, i resemble that remark! :grin:

I imagine its a little bit addictive, cant beat a nice v8 burble. 

16 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Purely out of interest. Big AMG fan myself.

Fair enough, I thought you might of known someone that had one going the way you where asking. 

Yeah I’ve always liked them as well but thought they would always be beyond me, however the cls55 AMG is almost good value for money these days! ;)  and like I say I can’t see them falling much lower than their current prices, if at all!

and it seems everyone wants the 63 version of the car so the 55 gets overlooked somewhat.

im watching one on evilbay right now an it started at £11500 and has steadily come down in price and is sitting at £8999 now! Apparently it’s running 550bho as well, shame I can’t make an offer due to circumstances beyond my control happening last week...

but I was never going to commit till September at the earliest anyway, so looks like it’ll be December or January now IF  I can get one....

;) 

12 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Hmmm, i resemble that remark! :grin:

I imagine its a little bit addictive, cant beat a nice v8 burble. 

Indeed and i can't claim innocence when as a yoof i used to like giving my Astra GTE a touch of gas on the over run just to hear it pop and bang ^_^

I may possibly have done it in the e28 too B) but you didn't need to be going fast, when you've got 500bhp plus it isn't clever to get it well into second gear on residential streets <_<

17 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Indeed and i can't claim innocence when as a yoof i used to like giving my Astra GTE a touch of gas on the over run just to hear it pop and bang ^_^

I may possibly have done it in the e28 too B) but you didn't need to be going fast, when you've got 500bhp plus it isn't clever to get it well into second gear on residential streets <_<

Tut tut! ;) 

depending on the box (ie if it’s the 7sp one) then it “should” be taking off in 2nd anyway! ;) 

lets face it, we ALL love the noise of a V8 and if you can’t tell others you’ve got one then what’s the point....

;) 

Yes but when they're doing 40+ down a road that's one car wide plus the parked ones either side which is lined with houses full of families i'm afraid i don't care what it sounds like...

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Yes but when they're doing 40+ down a road that's one car wide plus the parked ones either side which is lined with houses full of families i'm afraid i don't care what it sounds like...

Oh here we go! Mr holier than thou.... :rolleyes: 

you cant have it both ways dunc....

you sound like a politician ;) 

Never said I ever screamed down narrow residential roads, just made my Astra pop and bang ;)

Sadly the AMG's i see round here are driven very badly.