Skinned Knuckles

Wanted, e39 windscreen, rain sensor compatable (Genuine BMW item) Would like green sunstrip

Hi all.

Unfortunately my windscreen has been obliterated two weeks ago. Long story. Got confirmation from the insurance for a genuine BMW screen but later shat themselves when they found out the price! Needless to say they didn't want to proceed unless I pay the difference. They were happy enough to accept a complaint mind you.

Anyway, It's left me with a huge problem finding a screen to suit my standards. No inferior screen will do I'm afraid! 

If anyone has a screen that fits the bill, from 1999+, There's a picture of the screen I'm after if possible. I can happily travel to collect.

Thank you.

Jamie

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by Skinned Knuckles

Surely any used one will have chips and scratches. I've had three screens now on insurance and no issue with any.

One fitter told me even oe screens can vary in manufacturer depending who they chose that year. 

It would irk me to lose the original BMW sticker on mine but I'd live. 

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Surely any used one will have chips and scratches. I've had three screens now on insurance and no issue with any.

One fitter told me even oe screens can vary in manufacturer depending who they chose that year. 

It would irk me to lose the original BMW sticker on mine but I'd live. 

I found a genuine one in Birmingham but had to remove the thing myself. It was mint but during removal I cracked it!

My mate in London who has the exact same car only 3 years newer. He had a dealer issue windscreen fitted via the insurance. My insurance later argued that the car must be less then 3 years old to get dealer glass.

The rest of the cars glass has indeed got BMW badges etched so I wanted it all to match, having said that I don't think many glass company's supply double glazing.

4 years ago I bought one from Quarry Motors it was mint. Spoke to them numerous times and the response was "Sorry mate, not had any for a while" 

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Ah we met then at Pete's - sorry to hear it didn't come out!

Jesus. You've put a smile on my face. It took a while but I've just clicked. Are you the guy with the sport touring who bought the bonnet from Pete?

I had to go back home with something that day so I bought the inner bumper guards and put a deposit on the front bumper. Will be going back for the wiring for front parking sensors and TPS monitoring system. Gutted how that crappy windscreen tool failed me!

23 hours ago, Skinned Knuckles said:

Hi all.

Unfortunately my windscreen has been obliterated two weeks ago. Long story. Got confirmation from the insurance for a genuine BMW screen but later shat themselves when they found out the price! Needless to say they didn't want to proceed unless I pay the difference. They were happy enough to accept a complaint mind you.

Anyway, It's left me with a huge problem finding a screen to suit my standards. No inferior screen will do I'm afraid! 

If anyone has a screen that fits the bill, from 1999+, There's a picture of the screen I'm after if possible. I can happily travel to collect.

Thank you.

Jamie

Capture1.JPG

Please upload a picture with glass info, next to the tax disc.

22 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Yup that's was me. Dam I dint think of the sport corners. Oh well. 

Lucky his was an SE too so there was a few bits required, especially his front bumper given most front bumpers are fecked, Sport or SE's!!! I had fitted a facelift SE bumper many years ago so  I was quick to jump for his bumper that was absolutely mint in every way. :mrgreen:

21 hours ago, jake13 said:

Please upload a picture with glass info, next to the tax disc.

Unfortunately this windscreen is from a seller on eBay in Northern Ireland so I don't have the info on the screen. All I know is, it looks like the one in the picture and it has the BMW badge stamped above a load of info next to the tax disk.

I replaced mine just because mine had a lot of marks on it and a genuine BMW one was only £40 ish quid more.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, Mazi said:

I replaced mine just because mine had a lot of marks on it and a genuine BMW one was only £40 ish quid more.

How did you get that? Did yours have rain sensors?

Everyone said I was biting my nose off to spite my face and I should settle with an aftermarket one from autoglass! The breakers that was my last hope said his too was cracked so I’d just bit the bullet and got the aftermarket one.

I’m still after one if anyone has one.