Loadmaster

Style 66 and 37 Wheels - Same Offset?

I do have the weblink somewhere for the BMW wheel data site (but not to hand) but per title, are they both the same, or similar.

Basic Q is, if i pop a set of 37s on instead of my standard 66s, will they fit okay? Can't see any reason why not, just checkin'.

Thanks   

Ah, just found the link. Style 37 8 x 18 is ET 20, same as the 66. Rear is 9x 18 but ET 24, whereas the 66 is ET 26.

So for the rear, the lesser ET of the 37 means that it sits slightly more inboard, to take account of the greater width of tyre? - or have I got that arse about face - I can never remember!

The 37s are currently sitting on an E39 540, albeit older than mine so I can't see any issues there. 

Edited by Loadmaster

There's more than 2mm variation even in the width of tyres of the same size from different brands- when I had my old Passat, some 205/45/16 tyres would come up wide and catch the rear arches, and others would be fine.

1 hour ago, lufbramatt said:

They'll be fine, you're over thinking it :)

Just don't get e34/e38 ones as the centre bore will be wrong

Yeah, that's me! 

Just need to make the owner an offer now. The car has sat outside a local BMW indie for some time now and isn't in good shape. The 37s need a refurb too but tyres are good.

May of course come to nothing. The owner may or may not care about what wheels his car has fitted but may quite fancy my near perfect 66s.

Found the car, was a client of a BMW indie not far from me. Well, it's gone now and the wheels weren't OEM apparantly.

Never mind, plenty more Style 37s in the sea, as the saying goes... :huh:

16 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Found the car, was a client of a BMW indie not far from me. Well, it's gone now and the wheels weren't OEM apparantly.

Never mind, plenty more Style 37s in the sea, as the saying goes... :huh:

Stick with the 66s; they suit the car down to a tee ;) Just fit 15mm spacers all round :mrgreen:

16 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Stick with the 66s; they suit the car down to a tee ;) Just fit 15mm spacers all round :mrgreen:

Yeah will probably remain that way. Thinking of having them painted gunmetal / anthracite which would go well against the silver body. 

Spacers? Yes, I still happen to have a set which I bought from a bloke in, erm, Preston I think...^_^

36 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Yeah will probably remain that way. Thinking of having them painted gunmetal / anthracite which would go well against the silver body. 

Spacers? Yes, I still happen to have a set which I bought from a bloke in, erm, Preston I think...^_^

Haha :mrgreen: 

Gun-metal grey/anthracite with a sparkle lacquer would look really well IMO; will suit the silver paintwork to a tee, but they'll have that 'flip' in the sunlight ;)