khanny

Fan running full speed all time

Recently done a fair bit of work on my 535d, removed ac pump and piping as it didn't work, now when engine running the fan is running full speed constantly, fan will stop when I unplug the power from the interior blower controls, has anyone else ever had this issue and would removing the ac cause this, I'm thinking a faulty fan but don't want to buy one if not. Is there a fan speed control relay anywhere.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, do you no if by me removing the ac compressor and pipes if that would effect the engine fan if it dosnt your most probley right about the ambient tempreture

The fan is controlled by the DDE I think, for example if you have towbar and a trailer module when you hook up the trailer the fan starts and stays running all the time. So the DDE will be looking at a number of factors to decide whether to have the main engine cooling fan running.

Did you remove the pressure sensor for the a/c? If so that’ll likely be why the far is running full speed. 

Just plug the sensor back in and you should be fine. 

38 minutes ago, LukeH said:

Did you remove the pressure sensor for the a/c? If so that’ll likely be why the far is running full speed. 

Just plug the sensor back in and you should be fine. 

I had unplugged the sensor been thinking to plug it back in but really didn't think it would work, just been and dug the pipe out and plugged it in and it worked mate you are a genius this has been doing my swede in thankyou so much think this would have probley been the last thing I tryed if you hadn't mentioned it. Nice1

10 hours ago, khanny said:

I had unplugged the sensor been thinking to plug it back in but really didn't think it would work, just been and dug the pipe out and plugged it in and it worked mate you are a genius this has been doing my swede in thankyou so much think this would have probley been the last thing I tryed if you hadn't mentioned it. Nice1

No worries, glad it worked. 

I’ve been involved in a fair few track cars and this is always a favourite when the a/c is removed. It’s also a great place to put an override switch should you decide you need/would like it. 

1 hour ago, LukeH said:

No worries, glad it worked. 

I’ve been involved in a fair few track cars and this is always a favourite when the a/c is removed. It’s also a great place to put an override switch should you decide you need/would like it. 

Have you had much to do with setting up 535ds I'm struggling to find out how to set up the compressor bypass plate canister the front wastgate near the water pump

No ive done very little with the twin turbo d’s, I mostly work on m power stuff. 

Are you you talking about removing the black plastic canisters that are inline before the waste gate actuators? 

No it's the small wastgate at the front near water pump pulley I've had to do a lot of work on the engine lately and had to remove it but I can't remember where abouts the nuts on the rod where set. The powers 80% there just not quite right there's not that kick in the ass like there used to be. 

I know it's definitely these that are not set right as I had trouble with low down power but found the settings for the large wastgate and that's bang on now it just seems to rev more than its pushing if you know what i mean on top end when big turbo kicks in

Edited by khanny

Ah I’m with you now.

No I’m sorry I don’t have any idea where those nuts should be set, maybe someone with a 35d could measure/count threads to give you an idea? 

Just noticed this.. I assume the fans are controlled by the pressure transducer of the AC so unplugging it gives either an error reading so it will go into default mode and keep them running to protect the AC system from running to high pressure

2 hours ago, Blobby said:

Just noticed this.. I assume the fans are controlled by the pressure transducer of the AC so unplugging it gives either an error reading so it will go into default mode and keep them running to protect the AC system from running to high pressure

That is my understanding of it...