Semkehead

What tool?

Is there a part number for the 10/11box spanner? i can't seam to find it on RealOEM

I have the sponge already, but keep it in a safe place where it won't get lost

I would be interested, thanks Taffy.

I ordered the combination pliers some time ago, and BMW sent me some with blue rubber handles. These will not go in the large tool kit. When i challenged this, they said they had no control of what is in stock.

I therefore would be interested in any combination pliers that would fit in the tool kit.

I have one of those pliers spare from the 528i tool kit but its smaller than the one in the m5 kit. I'll take a side by side shot tonight and post.

On 06/08/2018 at 20:03, gaza01 said:

Currently doing this as well. What are your plans for the sponge?

Hey Shaun,

Are you referring to sponge for the spare fuses and bulbs (available from the main stealers), or the sponge on the underside of the boot lid that stops the tools rattling.  That is NLA from the stealers but there is a chap in Essex who makes these up:

5882a8bc496e9_2015-08-2810_35_55.thumb.jpg.62e62c12fcea0eed85bed7efa0fd0014.jpg

There are also boot lid liners that surround the tool kit for a cleaner look, one for the small tool kit:

471815704_E28TrunkLidTrimPanelforToolBoxSmall.jpg.88cad60d03045f8f7a51e2d1afeb176f.jpg

And one for the large tool kit:

535891772_2015-08-2312_50_15.jpg.ff96d92cb93bb330c91e401751afb24b.jpg

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

1 hour ago, Ordnator said:

Hey Shaun,

Are you referring to sponge for the spare fuses and bulbs (available from the main stealers), or the sponge on the underside of the boot lid that stops the tools rattling.  That is NLA from the stealers but there is a chap in Essex who makes these up:

5882a8bc496e9_2015-08-2810_35_55.thumb.jpg.62e62c12fcea0eed85bed7efa0fd0014.jpg

There are also boot lid liners that surround the tool kit for a cleaner look, one for the small tool kit:

471815704_E28TrunkLidTrimPanelforToolBoxSmall.jpg.88cad60d03045f8f7a51e2d1afeb176f.jpg

And one for the large tool kit:

535891772_2015-08-2312_50_15.jpg.ff96d92cb93bb330c91e401751afb24b.jpg

Regards,

Mick

Sponge to the underside of the boot lid. I had the opportunity to get the boot lid trim as well but didnt bother with it

3 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

Is that an LED festoon lamp you have in there Mick?

Hi Ivor,

Good spot sir, I have Halfords finest fitted into the two cabin lights, the boot light and the two license plate lights.

Regards,

Mick

8 hours ago, Ordnator said:

Hi Ivor,

Good spot sir, I have Halfords finest fitted into the two cabin lights, the boot light and the two license plate lights.

Regards,

Mick

Hi Mick,

I've got one in the boot Mick but discarded the cabin lights...I didn't like them. 

I'm on the look out for something with better light for the boot.

Regards,

Ivor

2 minutes ago, Ordnator said:

Gone but not forgotten ^_^

Regards,

Mick

What happened to it Mick? and when are you likely to come over?

Regards,

Ivor

11 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

What happened to it Mick? and when are you likely to come over?

Regards,

Ivor

Hi Ivor,

I was referring to Duncan's post about his M535 that was totalled and now lives on in many other E28's around the world.

Personnaly, there is a possibility that I may be taking a part time MSc at a university in the South of England later in the year.  There is also another possibility that work activity may bring me to a couple of locations in the UK over the next 5 years.

Time will tell...

Edit:  The Bronzitbeige Eta is with Steve at Classic Bahnstormers for bodywork and paint.

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

9 hours ago, Ordnator said:

Hi Ivor,

I was referring to Duncan's post about his M535 that was totalled and now lives on in many other E28's around the world.

Personnaly, there is a possibility that I may be taking a part time MSc at a university in the South of England later in the year.  There is also another possibility that work activity may bring me to a couple of locations in the UK over the next 5 years.

Time will tell...

Edit:  The Bronzitbeige Eta is with Steve at Classic Bahnstormers for bodywork and paint.

Regards,

Mick

Good news indeed, we'll have to have a powwow.

Regards,

Ivor