avtovaz

e39 touring air suspension and brake pad fault

my e39 has an air suspension fault, it all works, but on the dash it says air suspension inop. Now, on inpa, i can see the rear right sensor has no voltage to it, but where does that come from? ALso i randomly get rear brake pads are worn warning. I wonder if there is some wire issue, like bad earth or a common live? Is there any where to check? Maybe water ingress somewhere too?

thanks!

thanks for that, so the right sensor doubles up, adn the warning i originally got was for the headlight levels. So maybe part of the right sensor isnt working, and ive been fooled as when i move the arm the suspension pumps up or goes down.

thankyou!

start off carefully unplugging the sensor and giving it a good blast out with electrical contact cleaner - you might get lucky

I briefly cured airsus faults with new wiring plugs / connectors and cleaning off corroded pins on the sensors

i expect you're going to have to build up a new wiring plugs onto new loom repair sections and possibly fork out for a new sensor or two though :-(

I'd be inclined to replace the wires right up inside the cabin and thus mitigate any water ingress possibility into the loom, it's not much effort to strip out all the boot floor panels to get access to do the joins of repair looms to original  in a nice dry clean inside cabin place

and also to seal up the wiring plug - sensor connection on reassembly 

You can buy ready made repair set but it's quite expensive. CLICK

Plug housing part nr. 61138383300 but this is usually not needed because you can remove the old pins from your original plug housing. CLICK

All you need is 6 wires with crimped pins (and something to make the connection and glue lined heat shrink). Part nr. 61130005199