Looking on Euro car parts for some brake pads for the front , there are two types listed one set excluding wear warning contact but prepared for wear indicator and another set saying prepared for wear indicator does anyone know which ones I want cos euro car parts don't unless I have old ones which are still in use , car is 2009 520d m/sport lci business edition ,

Both versions have notch where the brake sensor goes. The only difference is that one version has spring clips for the outer pad and the other version doesn't.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:12 PM, jake13 said:

Textar, Brembo, Jurid

This plus its worth checking genuine value line parts from a BMW dealer.

Front pads on my E60 were Jurid from the assembly line.  I replaced them with Textar.  No issues

Rear pads on my E60 were Textar from the assembly line.  I replaced them with genuine one (value line £50 inc wear sensor).  Can't recall the brand.  No issues.

Got Brembo  front discs and pads and a wear sensor cable from ECP with discount code for £130 .

I've got ECP Brembo pads and discs all round - even though the OEM pad manufacturer is ITT (Galfer). 

They are OK, the pad has a tad more bite than OEM but has consistent feel. The rear squeals like hell though....

10 hours ago, eddieantifreeze said:

I've got ECP Brembo pads and discs all round - even though the OEM pad manufacturer is ITT (Galfer). 

They are OK, the pad has a tad more bite than OEM but has consistent feel. The rear squeals like hell though....

Interesting......

Not heard of them as an OEM pad supplier.  But a quick google thru this up as supplier for the F10.

https://www.itt.com/newsroom/news-releases/2010/itt-supplies-brake-pads-for-the-new-5-series  everyday is a school day!

their website also shows they are behind Koni shocks.

Galfer appear to do Bike pads, but no car pads listed on their website. Are Galfer part of ITT?

23 hours ago, Biotoxic said:

Anybody tried a Mtec brake disks and EBC stuff pads? They make a disks and matching pads(different brands beside EBC) for 535s  from 04-10.. 

Every car I've had since 2008 now IIRC

Their discs are very good IMO and they sit well with EBC pads; Redstuff at a minimum, Yellowstuff for even better bite and they both work very well from cold

However, Mtec's own pads are good too IMO; quite dusty though!

11 hours ago, RightHandGoose said:

Ha, I've left it too many days at ECP and lost the discount, 

As sure as night follows day, there will be another ECP offer, but you should not use ECP as they are only worth buying from with their offers as they are too expensive otherwise and you are cheaper in some cases going to your BMW dealer for genuine.

carparts4less are the same as Eurocarparts and are nearly always cheaper online. Basically it is ECP but with permanent offers.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

As sure as night follows day, there will be another ECP offer, but you should not use ECP as they are only worth buying from with their offers as they are too expensive otherwise and you are cheaper in some cases going to your BMW dealer for genuine.

Agree with you on all fronts, the 60% did it and I could collect easily for the garage appointment.....Autodoc looking good for them and there direct App is pretty handy. Probably get Brembos for the rear but will check elsewhere including ebay, gsf, the net.....how's you back?

On 8/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Interesting......

Not heard of them as an OEM pad supplier.  But a quick google thru this up as supplier for the F10.

https://www.itt.com/newsroom/news-releases/2010/itt-supplies-brake-pads-for-the-new-5-series  everyday is a school day!

their website also shows they are behind Koni shocks.

Galfer appear to do Bike pads, but no car pads listed on their website. Are Galfer part of ITT?

Correct, ITT are the parent company.  However naming convention for their materials still uses Galfer codes.  For example the rear pad on 3 series is GA6505-1, I think E60 rear is GA6505 (could be wrong). They are a huge company, their plant near Turin churns out millions of pads each year.