sjak92

Icon lights failing?

Got put into a 330d x drive estate in the end courtesy of enterprise. What an absolute shed of a car. 

Firstly, whilst the engine is lovely, it’s so bloody loud in an F31 compared to my G30 it’s astounding. Secondly, the quality, fit and finish is light years behind and let’s face it, the current 3er is a lovely car. Just goes to show how high class the 5dr is.

as for this specific example - the idrive controller buttons are stuck, clearly a liquid has been spilt on them (or worse) so I was limited to voice control tonight - works surprisingly well - I never tend to use it and secondly, the steering wheel......

i attach a picture below (taken by wife - both of my hands on the steering wheel :P) . It is soooooo of centre that it’s shocking. The alloys are clearly destroyed but it must have taken a very serious whack against a kerb with one of them as the car veeres violently at above 60ish. Going to drop it back off tomorrow morning not having another wrestling match with it throughout the day. My local dealer can pay for my Uber to and from work.

hopefully the light will be fixed tomorrow too :)

FE1572EB-AA65-478B-A0D5-E1816BFB9B6B.jpeg

Edited by sjak92

So, new headlight in today (yay!) which blew the control module straight away and now car has no lights at all (boo!)

Module on back order - wont be in the UK until Wednesday so stuck in the hire car - which Enterprise has now exchanged for a Silver 320d - I have already been confused when going to the company car park as 4 of the same cars are parked next to each other haha.

My luck with cars breaking down is actually unbelievable - especially when considering my old F10 too. Doug DeMuro of YouTube fame would be incredibly impressed with my abuse of the "bumper to bumper" warranty!

56 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Surely you qualify for a full refund? 

Yessssssssss! Hahaha

2 hours ago, Back2Beemer said:

Bloody hell...what a nightmare!

If not a full refund, then definitely some form of compensation from BMW!

Seriously? I’m not even contemplating a refund - that would be dumb, but you reckon I should ask for some freebie?

Why would a full refund be dumb? I thought that was a part of the G series selling points....

;) 

To be fair I’m yet to sit in a G series but when we where looking at the F series (135i and 330d to compare) I felt let down! They where both worse build quality than my dog turd E91! :shock: 

lets not turn this in to BMW quality is poo thread! As, well we all know it’s not as good as it was....

I’d still be angling for the full refund though ;) 

You are right, the 1 and 3 are a much cheaper product and it feels. Currently in a 320d whilst this is fixed and the cars, both 17 plates, are light years difference. 

But then again, a F10 seems poor compared to a G30 for me. 

The differnce wasnt so vast with E46 and E39 or E9x and E6x imo.

in terms of a refund - comon this is going to hunt this forums for ever! Wouldn’t bother and they can fix it, just a mis hap - car is great apart from that 

I've never driven an F10/11 but prior to the G31 I had an E60 for several years. The G31 is a little more refined, but it's not significantly better - that's not a complaint, it really didn't need to be any better.

Never driven an F-series so can't comment there, but I'd say the same about my previous E39 touring and E61 cars. The E39 handling was superb, a real driver's car, and I'd go back in a heartbeat. The G31 is packed with technology and seems more towards a mini-limousine, and the styling has moved to reflect fashion, but in terms of responsiveness and handling I'm not sure it shows the 20 year age difference.

Can't compare the 5 with the 3 in any generation. The 3 has always targeted the mass wannabe market and the cost-paring really shows.

I do miss the extra 2 cylinders though :(

Edited by Boba

2 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Seriously? I’m not even contemplating a refund - that would be dumb, but you reckon I should ask for some freebie?

Oh no I was being sarcastic about that!

100% mate - complete waste of your time having to mess about going back and forth. Free first service or something, or at least a discount. 

13 hours ago, Back2Beemer said:

Oh no I was being sarcastic about that!

100% mate - complete waste of your time having to mess about going back and forth. Free first service or something, or at least a discount. 

Well I have a service pack. I think I may ask for the M Performance Grills in that case, mine are wrapped black but might as well have the proper ones :)

On 8/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, sjak92 said:

Well I have a service pack. I think I may ask for the M Performance Grills in that case, mine are wrapped black but might as well have the proper ones :)

You don’t ask, you don’t get! Let me know how you get on! 

On 8/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, sjak92 said:

Good luck on that one...... 

I’d like mine switched to black I reckon it would look great versus the silver....

A3EC9EEE-5127-4B99-A724-0D601FD8E7C9.jpeg