Nomis

Been a while.......

Just been pre occupied with other boring life shit and miss the forum being on tapatalk. 

Yes ive still got the E92. Still the best all round car I’ve ever owned. I’ve even lavished money on it unnecessarily! If you’re interested I’ll go into detail  

Oh yeah, and as mick eluded to, I’ve been given a new truck to play at trucking with. If I can learn how to post pics now post tapatalk and now photobucket has killed itself I’ll get some up. What photo sharing sites are best now?

49 minutes ago, Nomis said:

Oh yeah, and as mick eluded to, I’ve been given a new truck to play at trucking with. If I can learn how to post pics now post tapatalk and now photobucket has killed itself I’ll get some up. What photo sharing sites are best now?

I and a few others are using postimage.

Struggling to upload pics Paddy,

I,ve had a job change and gone back on the fridges,gone for quality of life as i,ve gone to work for a cheese making company that just delivers its own product,getting home a bit in the week now,

Piloting a 3mth old V4 Volvo XL Globetrotter,fridge,microwave and flat screen TV fitted are a few of its creature comforts.

Still getting about plenty South Coast to Inverness and all points in between. 

Sounds good Mick, it's been nearly 5 years now since I last drove and I do miss it, I've even been thinking about signing up for an agency and doing a bit at weekends/rest days but I haven't got a CPC so would need to sort that first. 

Anyway,  all the best with the new job, usually nice easy work on fridges. 

Its a world away from general haulage thats for sure Paddy,no one bothers you on the phone,virtually run the job to suit yourself,no RDC work,its all independant caterers and wholesalers that actually want the stuff they,ve ordered which makes for a lot easier life.

As mick has discovered it’s so much better working directly for the company that makes the stuff you’re delivering than a subbie. Little pressure and the delivery point people are generally pleased to see you so you don’t get held up. 

I have to admire professional drivers. Much as i love my cars i'm getting more and more disinterested in driving on our roads. I try and chill, leave plenty of time and let the things half wits do wash over me but i can't recall the last decent run i had on our motorway network.

To put up with it day in day out must try the patience of a saint!

Steady on Duncan, there's no need to hand your driving license just yet, you could always move to a less conjested area of the country? though I agree driving is only enjoyable on fairly traffic free roads.

Not hanging up my string backs just yet but the majority of my driving is a means to an end.

20/25 years ago (eek!) i recall if you drove outside rush hour or later at night you generally got a good run on the motorway and modesty forbids disclosing details of some journey times....

These days there just seems no good time to go anywhere - and i don't mean just in the south - we regularly drive to Newcastle (500 odd mile round trip) and its stop start, roadworks, average speed smart motorways and heavy traffic - generally unpleasant.

Yes, I fully agree, Re stop/start, roadworks etc, you would need the patient of a saint, and not pleasant driving conditions, may even contribute to that modern phenomena called road rage. Remember the RR incident a few years ago, where a row over a parking space at Tesco's lead to a fatality! FFFS. I'm sure motorists fell out and had rows 20/30 years ago, but even so.

Roll on self drive cars!!