535i Andrew

Motorcyclist films himself at 189mph

You know, I'm not at all surprised. Driving home yesterday confirmed to me that I need a dashcam.. I was given the birdy twice yesterday. I wasn't even the guilty party! 

17 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Now we know motorcyclists aren't the sharpest tools in the box and this guy definitely doesn't fire on all 6!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-nottinghamshire-44898534/biker-jailed-after-filming-himself-riding-at-189mph

Bit of a sweeping statement there to insult all bikers . . . . it's like saying all BMW drivers don't indicate. One idiot doesn't speak for them all. It takes a lot more skill to ride a motorcycle in a safe manner than a car due to all the extra hazards we are exposed to, and you'll also find most motorcyclists have taken extra/advance tests to be safer riders & drivers. So most bikers are probably safer on a bike or behind the wheel than you average car driver who took his test 20 years ago and has does nothing since . . . . . 

Wanker... Shame they didn't meet inert pieces of concrete :roll: Pricks like that need to have their fucking legs chopped off

2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement there to insult all bikers . . . . it's like saying all BMW drivers don't indicate. One idiot doesn't speak for them all. It takes a lot more skill to ride a motorcycle in a safe manner than a car due to all the extra hazards we are exposed to, and you'll also find most motorcyclists have taken extra/advance tests to be safer riders & drivers. So most bikers are probably safer on a bike or behind the wheel than you average car driver who took his test 20 years ago and has does nothing since . . . . . 

Fair point but I have noticed a fair few riders who don't help themselves. 

Most recent being a rider "filtering" at 70 ish in heavy but flowing traffic.....

3 hours ago, dj1233 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement there to insult all bikers . . . . 

Followed by two gigantic sweepers of your own...

...most motorcyclists have taken extra/advance tests to be safer riders & drivers. 

So most bikers are probably safer on a bike or behind the wheel than you average car driver who took his test 20 years ago and has does nothing since . . . . . 

As a former Paramedic I can see there is very little, if anything, to choose between the driving capabilities of the poorest bike and poorest car drivers.

One thing I will say is that I see far fewer car drivers overtaking on double white lines, single white line against or even the zig-zags of zebra crossings than I do motorcyclists - which I do witness almost on a daily basis around the South-East.

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

Most recent being a rider "filtering" at 70 ish in heavy but flowing traffic.....

As i said, only a few. The same as you'll get car drivers lane hopping on a congested motorway cutting other people up. You will get those testing the Darwin rule, but unfortunately some people (bike or car) think it'll not happen to them. 

17 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Followed by two gigantic sweepers of your own...

As a former Paramedic I can see there is very little, if anything, to choose between the driving capabilities of the poorest bike and poorest car drivers.

One thing I will say is that I see far fewer car drivers overtaking on double white lines, single white line against or even the zig-zags of zebra crossings than I do motorcyclists - which I do witness almost on a daily basis around the South-East.

No sweeping statements from me. Being a biker myself and knowing lots of others (50+) who had all taken extra training/advance tests, v's the other 50+ people I know who drive a car and passed a test once . . .  . i based myself on experience and people i know, rather than making assumptions about everyone else. 

Certain car drivers would overtake if they had the space, the same as some bikers might. Each to their own on how they value their lives & licenses. 

bit harsh from  d_a_n1979....irresponsible yes ...pulling a wheelie on a bike ...is it any worse than a wheel spin or a bit of spirited driving ....we all do that .......let's face it he has to be a half decent rider to show off that skill and there was no one about bar his mates

188 mph ... not right on GB roads I agree but  not worthy of 21mths in a jail either. ...you could cause damage to someone outside a nightclub and get less 

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Had this happen to me on the M4 yesterday, traffic was crawling at around 25-30 mph, I'm in lane 2 and a biker comes flying up my left hand side at easily 60-70 mph. I check my mirrors all the time but I didn't see him until he was already past me.

Oh, and his protective gear consisted of a leather jacket, a pair of jeans and a pair of trainers. 

Edit; And a helmet obviously!

Edited by NWJW

9 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

bit harsh from  d_a_n1979....irresponsible yes ...pulling a wheelie on a bike ...is it any worse than a wheel spin or a bit of spirited driving ....we all do that .......let's face it he has to be a half decent rider to show off that skill and there was no one about bar his mates

188 mph ... not right on GB roads I agree but  not worthy of 21mths in a jail either. ...you could cause damage to someone outside a nightclub and get less 

No; the prick deserves all he gets

Don't give a shit about his life he's threatening, but what about the other lives he could have caused issues with, lives he could have taken by being the irresponsible prick he's being etc The lives affected if he caused an incident and police/other emergency services had to attend etc...

I'm an advanced driver myself, never been on a bike though. But still; this is stupid beyond any reasoning...

My pops-in-law is a 30 years retired Chief Inspector, spent quite a few years on the bikes with the police and still does now, teaching others to ride safely...

I'm not new to bikers, but stuff like this should not be reasoned; it should be slammed down with immediate affect

9 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

...pulling a wheelie on a bike ...is it any worse than a wheel spin or a bit of spirited driving ....

If you arse about in a car and get it wrong there's a lot of metal and probably airbags between you and what you hit, if you get it wrong on a bike there's nothing between you and what you get spread across...

23 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

No; the prick deserves all he gets

Don't give a shit about his life he's threatening, but what about the other lives he could have caused issues with, lives he could have taken by being the irresponsible prick he's being etc The lives affected if he caused an incident and police/other emergency services had to attend etc...

I'm an advanced driver myself, never been on a bike though. But still; this is stupid beyond any reasoning...

My pops-in-law is a 30 years retired Chief Inspector, spent quite a few years on the bikes with the police and still does now, teaching others to ride safely...

I'm not new to bikers, but stuff like this should not be reasoned; it should be slammed down with immediate affect

Hmm .. Oki doki then .. we will just leave this here :)