M88rt j

N54 twin turbo conversion project

Following on from my reply in the what did you do to your e61 thread I thought I'd start a new topic with my new project. Plan is to convert an e61 to n54 twin turbo power plant.  As this isn't a car they was available to the UK market in e60/61 format thought it would be a good project to build it myself. I don't know of any in the UK but correct me 8f I'm wrong. It's all starting with the donor car, a e92 335i msport with a manual box. Picked it up for 3.5k which is a steal for one if these with the spec it had, plan is to sell everything I don't need which hopefully will leave me in profit and with a free engine and box 

The donor  

IMG-20180711-WA0001.thumb.jpg.11ac97efb1a944893a207001ae2b6eaf.jpg

Wonderful project! I don't think I've heard of any others being done in the UK previously either. Are you upgrading anything whilst you're in there or literally just putting the standard engine in?

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

On 7/16/2018 at 4:23 PM, Mashed Potatoes said:

Wonderful project! I don't think I've heard of any others being done in the UK previously either. Are you upgrading anything whilst you're in there or literally just putting the standard engine in?

Won't be upgrading much untill it's in and running. Hopefully get the turbos rebuilt and replace the common gaskets that fail on these like the sump gasket rocker gasket and oil housing gaskets whilst the engines out . I want to change the air filter position to the cold side of the bay too

14 hours ago, Qasimahmed said:

Yes it was, it wasn't available in the UK. They did have it in the US and Europe, and with an X drive option I believe.

Oh OK thanks, good knowledge 

Edited by Piper