Sign in to follow this  
kaney1980

New G31 520d MSport owner

Hi all,

Based in West London. Owned 4 BMWs now over the last 6-7 years. 

Previous to the current car we had a Dec ‘14 F10 530d MSport in Alpine White, which was lovely with all gloss black trims and “Plus” spec, but I had enough of it after two years when we couldn’t get rid of a vibration running through the car at motorway speeds. We tried EVERYTHING! However it was a lovely drivetrain with a super seating position. 

We traded this for an Apr ‘17 G31 520d MSport, again in Alpine White and with gloss black trim and loads of goodies. Partly went for a 520 this time for better fuel economy and partly because we couldn’t stretch to a 530 in this spec. How wrong was I about the fuel economy. It’s worse at motorway speeds, only returning 43mpg on a round trip to Birmingham with the family on board. Our 530 saloon managed 45mpg on a return trip to Ireland in comparison. Not impressed. PS: car is currently on 6k miles but our last car was similarly low mileage per annum and didn’t need to loosen up to get better mpg. 

I’ve joined this forum to research the above mpg anomaly and also if anyone has had issues with a randomly-opening panoramic roof (in the middle of the night), random phone/Apple CarPlay connection issues and if there’s any way to get the seat to lower even further - feels like being perched on top of the seat like my Focus RS!

Old F10 and new G31 photos attached. 

Gary

081F8276-3039-4BFD-B078-80FF108881FC.jpeg

D8D1AEE6-038A-4E42-A30F-7FEF613356B9.jpeg

Edited by kaney1980

Welcome to the forum. Both cars look great in white and I must admit that I prefer the looks of your previous F10! Maybe it's the black wheels....?

Post you query about your mpg return in the appropriate tech section here for a better chance of a response.

14 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Welcome to the forum. Both cars look great in white and I must admit that I prefer the looks of your previous F10! Maybe it's the black wheels....?

Post you query about your mpg return in the appropriate tech section here for a better chance of a response.

My wife doesn’t like the mumsy look of an estate but I think it’s cool. I do admit though that I did prefer the previous car as a looker. Looked and felt muscular whereas the new shape looks long and lean. 

Will do do with the technical queries. Thanks.