PliSsK

Wiper arm gaskets

I am in the process of installing two new windscreen wiper arms as the existing ones were starting to rust. I ordered up all the parts ok except for the rubber/foam gasket that goes under the wiper arm that I'm trying to specify.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DN61-EUR-03-2001-E39-BMW-540i&diagId=61_0945

Item 10 in the above diagram is right wiper axle gasket 61618353813. I ordered these and the item is literally just a plastic disk and there is no foam or rubber underneath it. I assume the actual rubber gasket is a separate part, but I can't find the part number. The existing one is starting to disintegrate. Does anyone happen to know what it is please? I figured it might be on the diagram for the black plastic splash guard at the bottom of the windscreen or for the actual wiper motors but I can't find it in the latter diagram.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DN61-EUR-03-2001-E39-BMW-540i&diagId=61_0947

Cheers.

Interesting, I’m just about to order new wiper arms but hadn’t thought about anything else. Have you thought about calling Cotswold and going  through it online with them?

Yeah I mentioned it once the parts had arrived and I tried fitting them, not heard anything back yet. It seems counterintuitive to not have these parts on the same diagram as the wiper arms. The plastic 'gaskets' are fairly robust and don't really need replacing tbh, it's really the rubber/foam ring underneath that does. Careful with the black plastic axle caps that cover the nuts, I lost one down the side of the engine and they are £10 each! :blink:

8 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Nr.4?

Thanks! That's the one. I was looking at this earlier and thought it might have been for the grill, as Pelican Parts called it a grill gasket (probably in error). Cheers!