Caesar

Failed Hella Condenser ~ recommend a replacement.

Aircon tested for leaks and regaased today. Happy that my amateur tinkering was successful.

Took the old (12.5 months old!) leaking Hella condenser to the garage who couldn't see anything obvious but said the leak appeared in the bottom left hand area of the condenser when they'd initially looked at it.

Possibly the left hand vertical tube. 

ECP still indifferent, but I'll keep bugging them on principle. 

Ice cold driving home. Almost too cold.... 

It’ll be due to vibration! There would of been a small spec of dirt that’s got under the condenser and just acted like sandpaper, it doesn’t need much vibration either! 

Ive seen this on many many normal aircon systems ;) 

2 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Ive seen this on many many normal aircon systems ;) 

Glad youre sorted Caesar! 

Total thread theft but my house is still too bloody hot, any recommendations on a diy split system for home mr Yokozuna and where to source it? I hear air-con may be de-rigour in Chester quite soon... :grin:

Edited by SuperDave
Edited due to inclement weather impact

The Romans used to pump cold water through their walls to keep cool . 

As you're in Chester, you could probably dig up a Roman pump from your back garden. It'll probably be more reliable than a BMW unit even though its been buried for so long. 

You may also need a Groomio to keep the pump going. 

Hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Glad youre sorted Caesar! 

Total thread theft but my house is still too bloody hot, any recommendations on a diy split system for home mr Yokozuna and where to source it? I hear air-con may be de-rigour in Chester quite soon... :grin:

It all depends how much you want to spend really! 

Theres many available that come with all the pipework and cable, there all as poo as each other so take your pick. 

If you want a good system then a mitsubshi is the way to go, Diakin are also very good but very expensive. 

Sorry @SuperDave I only answered half your question.

if it’s a cheap all in DIY kit you’re after then the Internet is your friend, or B+Q or any DIY type place 

If you want a good system, either get in touch with a firm or go to the wholesalers (climate center is one! And it’s spelt center as it’s an American owned firm! ;) ) 

if you can stick the indoor unit on an eternal wall then it “should” be a straight forward job of installing it? 

Bare in mind that if you want the condensing unit on the wall you will need a set of brackets and fixings (extra ££’s) if you want it on the floor, it will need to be secure like on a flag and it will require more piping and cabling (extra ££’s)  

Hope that helps?

7 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Sorry @SuperDave I only answered half your question.

if it’s a cheap all in DIY kit you’re after then the Internet is your friend, or B+Q or any DIY type place 

If you want a good system, either get in touch with a firm or go to the wholesalers (climate center is one! And it’s spelt center as it’s an American owned firm! ;) ) 

if you can stick the indoor unit on an eternal wall then it “should” be a straight forward job of installing it? 

Bare in mind that if you want the condensing unit on the wall you will need a set of brackets and fixings (extra ££’s) if you want it on the floor, it will need to be secure like on a flag and it will require more piping and cabling (extra ££’s)  

Hope that helps?

Great, pretty much what i thought. Lets see how the weather goes eh!? Thanks!