Jump to content
d_a_n1979

THE NEW PROJECT... NOT A 5! - 2006 E65 730D

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, slam said:

strange question... is the carpet luxurious and thick?

 

Sorry that you feeling so offended about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slam said:

I'm lost, back to the car, i want me some of that carpet!

 

Would you recommend the jump from e39 to e65?

 

All depends on what you want out of the car

 

The build quality is the next step up; it makes the E60 5's feel cheap inside and it makes the E39s interior good still; but the E65 is just put together better. Tighter, everything works with the right kind of click or noise, no rattles etc

 

As for the size difference, it's very noticeable to begin with, but you soon get used to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 10:49 PM, d_a_n1979 said:

 

Well... :lol:

 

Get the airbag light sorted, think it’s the passenger side tensioner, but will get codes read soon enough

 

Alloys fully refurbed & new tyres (probably going to go either silver with sparkle lacquer, or gunmetal/anthracite with sparkle lacquer)

 

Have the suspension & underneath checked over at my pals and fix/replace anything that needs doing

 

And then a trip to see @Mashed Potatoes for him to work his magic re swirl flaps et al & probably a remap thereafter ;)

   

 ^^I reckon this would look awesome with the blue paintwork. Looks stunning as is though, the e65 in sport trim is a very handsome beast IMO. 

 

 Oh, and don't forget to give it an 'Italian tune up' every couple of weeks to keep the DPF clear. ;) 

Edited by NWJW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NWJW said:

   

 ^^I reckon this would look awesome with the blue paintwork. Looks stunning as is though, the e65 in sport trim is a very handsome beat IMO. 

 

 Oh, and don't forget to give it an 'Italian tune up' every couple of weeks to keep the DPF clear. ;) 

 

It got one today heading back from food shopping... That was until I remembered I had bottles of whisky and wine in the boot too :lol:

 

Non-slip boot liner should arrive tomorrow :mrgreen: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New tyres ordered today

 

Gone with Nexen N'Fera SU1s again (245/40/20s and 275/35/20s); had them on my previous alloys on the E39 before I went to the LM reps and found them to be very good indeed. They'll be x100 better than the lethal shite on them currently :lol: Will get them fitted ASAP; even before the alloys are refurbed, they're really needed! 

 

Also booked in with Mark (mashedpotatoes) on Thursday for a mini service, check over and software update etc :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car serviced today with thanks to Mark ( @Mashed Potatoes ) ;) 

 

Oil and filter done

K&N air filter fitted

Swirl flaps fitted and all new gaskets etc

Software checked and found to be bang up to date

 

Cars booked into my local garage for Monday to have new rear tyres fitted and front lower arms swapped out (bushes gone)

 

Front tyres were fitted yesterday and have been given a good scrub in today going down to the Wirral and back ;) 

Edited by d_a_n1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best color combination ever! Love the interior.

Wanted to buy one of these but after two months of looking for a right one - bought an E60. 

 

A lot of car anyway, even the standard equipment is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rob015 said:

Best color combination ever! Love the interior.

Wanted to buy one of these but after two months of looking for a right one - bought an E60. 

 

A lot of car anyway, even the standard equipment is amazing.

 

Yup; that's the main reason why I bought it really.

 

I knew it needed some TLC; didn't think I'd have to be buying tyres this soon :lol: but just the way it goes at times ;) 

 

But the interior condition, spec, overall colour of the car etc really made me want to see it ASAP. But this was after looking at numerous E61 tourings and although I loved their size and potential; the interior build quality put me off quite a bit. Some of them (pre-LCI) just felt cheap and plasticky and not very well put together. And it was sods law that the best spec'd E61s were black and I vowed never to own another black car :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jwarrens84 said:

What’s wrong with black, bastard to keep looking clean?

 

You just answered your own question. :lol:

Yes, they show every single speck of dust and show swirls very easily.  They do look nice when they are clean,  but they are only ever clean for about 5 minutes. 

My 5 was Black, I will never own another Black car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

 

You just answered your own question. :lol:

Yes, they show every single speck of dust and show swirls very easily.  They do look nice when they are clean,  but they are only ever clean for about 5 minutes. 

My 5 was Black, I will never own another Black car.

 

Exactly this @jwarrens84

 

I wash my cars on a regular basis, like once/twice a week, weather dependent! 

 

Blacks an absolute bar steward to keep clean; even 5 milliseconds after you've just done polishing it, as soon as the air gets dusty, the car looks bloody filthy again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, never a black car again.

 

Silver's great :lol: - it's dusty after two weeks but you'd really not know unless you came close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

 

Yup; that's the main reason why I bought it really.

 

I knew it needed some TLC; didn't think I'd have to be buying tyres this soon :lol: but just the way it goes at times ;) 

 

But the interior condition, spec, overall colour of the car etc really made me want to see it ASAP. But this was after looking at numerous E61 tourings and although I loved their size and potential; the interior build quality put me off quite a bit. Some of them (pre-LCI) just felt cheap and plasticky and not very well put together. And it was sods law that the best spec'd E61s were black and I vowed never to own another black car :lol: 

 

I've had my 'Black' E61 LCI Touring for about a month now, love carbon black when clean - but totally agree and have give up already trying to keep it that way... 

 

Love the colour combo/ wheels & Interior of your E65 congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×