d_a_n1979

The new project and not a 5! - 2006 E65 730D

1 hour ago, jwarrens84 said:

Nice update

What winters will you go for? I’m thinking of getting some michelin alpin for my turbines, just like your old set.

I'm not sure; at the size I need; they get very expensive very quickly, but Tyreleader has some good tyres at good prices. Camskill not doing too well, but they'll get more of a selection closer to winter

Ebay has some good tyres at good prices too

One tyre that gets good reviews is a budget one; Petlas Snow Master. Will look more into those. The others I'm considering are Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D, Continental Contact TS830s and the Next Winguard Sport

Thanks for the shout-out Dan, I've caught-up on your thread now!

What a great find!! Such a rare colour for a 65 - they're usually black, grey or silver - and it looks great in this colour too! I think you have the best wheels for a 65.They just look bang-on!

You're right about the solid feel of them - I've been out for the day in mine today and it's just so well built and eats-up the miles. The only thing mine is lacking is a sports steering wheel. The standard one is really thin-rimmed and with the top spokes really high up - it's not comfy.

If you haven't sussed already, there's not a huge amount of resource for the E65 - certainly compared to the E39. I've found that the Facebook BMW E65/E66 Owners Club UK page is about the best place to get answers on technical questions. Forums I've tried so far with E65 sections just aren't active.

Anyway, enjoy it mate, great car :cool:

9 minutes ago, Hairyarse said:

Thanks for the shout-out Dan, I've caught-up on your thread now!

What a great find!! Such a rare colour for a 65 - they're usually black, grey or silver - and it looks great in this colour too! I think you have the best wheels for a 65.They just look bang-on!

You're right about the solid feel of them - I've been out for the day in mine today and it's just so well built and eats-up the miles. The only thing mine is lacking is a sports steering wheel. The standard one is really thin-rimmed and with the top spokes really high up - it's not comfy.

If you haven't sussed already, there's not a huge amount of resource for the E65 - certainly compared to the E39. I've found that the Facebook BMW E65/E66 Owners Club UK page is about the best place to get answers on technical questions. Forums I've tried so far with E65 sections just aren't active.

Anyway, enjoy it mate, great car :cool:

Cheers pal

I've done ok so far for E65 resource; plenty of info on Bimmerforums.com and google etc

Not on FB and cant be arsed with it in all honesty

The steering wheel on mine is great; heated too ;) But agree, it'd be good to have it retrimmed and thicker; but cannot find a spare wheel without spending £hundreds, so will probably leave be, unless Jack at Royal Steering Wheels can source one cheaper