Calypso-E34

Any issues with the new MOT for anyone?

My old 1994 E34 520i is due a test in early September, and I’m wondering if there’s anything I need to be concerned about. 

No no major advisories last time, and it had a good going over before I got it. It’s been reasonably regularly driven since, no smoke, nothing else obvious. 

It's worth getting under the engine, gearbox and diff to see if there are any leaks to be cleaned up. Wipe them up and make it look clean and dry and you'll have less chance of getting caught on the 'leaks detrimental to the environment' clause.

1 minute ago, sharkfan said:

It's worth getting under the engine, gearbox and diff to see if there are any leaks to be cleaned up. Wipe them up and make it look clean and dry and you'll have less chance of getting caught on the 'leaks detrimental to the environment' clause.

That’s an actual thing??  I don’t think I have any leaks, but I can see a lot of cars failing due to this. And yet cars over 40 don’t need testing. 

Too many gobshites in positions where this nonsense can happen. 

Mine went through with no issues. 

Not as old as 94, it’s a 2003 530d. 

No cat, no egr, no reverse lights, oil leak but not major. Oh and HID’s

Only failed on handbrake but that was soon sorted 

My F10 is in for its MOT today.  I decided to have it done at the Main Dealer, as they will check it over to see if anything needs to be replaced under the AUC warranty before it expires.

While I was in there, I sat into a new 520d Sport - there's quite a difference between it and the F10 inside.  I like it.  A lot.

4 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

My F10 is in for its MOT today.  I decided to have it done at the Main Dealer, as they will check it over to see if anything needs to be replaced under the AUC warranty before it expires.

Well, it passed needing nothing.  Not even an advisory.  So - MOT, brake fluid change and the usual health check complete with a nice video underneath the car - £149 and we're back on the street.  Hopefully won't need anything now until after the Summer, when I'll need two new Winter tyres.

Let's hope the E34 fares as well!!