E39mad

A trip in the vert...

...the E36 that is, which has just done a 700 mile trouble free round trip to the Le Mans Classic and back. The car was faultless and great fun on the French roads even if we got completely baked in the afternoon sun!!

It is an epic event and I have never seen so much precious metal in any one place at once - totally recommend it!

Won't bore you with all the pics but here are some BMW related ones:

P1020559.JPG

P1020587.JPG

P1020588.JPG

P1020589.JPG

P1020590.JPG

P1020591.JPG

P1020602.JPG

P1020603.JPG

P1020607.JPG

P1020609.JPG

Nice pics Rupes,hope the new 8 series looks better in the flesh,i don,t much care for the rear end on it.

3 hours ago, 740mick said:

Nice pics Rupes,hope the new 8 series looks better in the flesh,i don,t much care for the rear end on it.

Thanks Mick - yes the 850i was not a great colour so would like to see it in various schemes before deciding. 

Here's some non BM stuff:

P1020577.JPG

P1020580.JPG

P1020582.JPG

P1020584.JPG

P1020605.JPG

P1020627.JPG

4 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

I bet it's huge too. Not a fan of stuff just getting bigger and bigger. 

Presume you mean the M850i rather than the event? 

Both were huge - the event in a good way!

4 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Wow Mr R. There must be what at least £10 million worth of metal in the last pic? 

Possibly - the whole weekend was mind blowing - you could sit at the bar in our campsite within the circuit and watch amazing cars drive by.

The racing was superb - no holes barred in stuff worth ridiculous amounts of money. Nice to see them being used as they were intended.

8 minutes ago, E39mad said:

Presume you mean the M850i rather than the event? 

Both were huge - the event in a good way!

Yeh 850. Le Mans in some form Is on my list. 

I’m still a little upset that you didn’t take me along and introduce me to all your prim and proper mates as your “other” mate! :lol:

not that I could of gone as stupidly busy at the mo! ;) 

26 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

I might see you there next year.....

that’ll learn ya! 

:lol: :lol:;) 

You can go next year - you'll have fun on yer own as it's not on again until 2020 :lol:

Edited by E39mad

18 minutes ago, E39mad said:

You can go next year - you'll have fun on yer own as it's not on again until 2020 :lol:

The jokes on you! I’ll have the best spot for 2020! :P 

6 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

He's going to le mans chavtastic...

WTF is that dunc? Something you organize ;) 

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Yeh 850. Le Mans in some form Is on my list. 

Getting this thread back on track :rolleyes: it was my first Le Mans trip - a friend did the full hit 24 hour this year and it is much more "full-on" by all accounts. I think I'd stick with the Classic. 

22 hours ago, nealpina said:

Nice E36, also and obviously I like the wheels.  What spec is your E36?

Thanks, it's a 328i manual with factory Mtec or Sport kit. One of the last built in summer 1999 and registered in 2000 hence the W plate. It's a stock car bar genuine Alpina alloys and gearknob. It ticked over 85000 miles on the way home from France. It's in great condition with no rust although not concourse. Avus blue with silver grey sports seats. With the wind deflector and two up you can happily drive all day at circa 70mph without any excessive drafts or noise. No need for an M3 in a vert as it has enough power. Will have owned it 5 years this autumn and luckily is a third/fun car so does only 1-2000 miles a year.

P1020397.JPG

1 hour ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Awesome looking E36.  You always have your cars looking their best Rupert - they are a credit to you!

Cheers Mark - I should keep this a while unless something more interesting (and cheap) turns up! 

I realised after doing the Le Mans Classic that winning a million pounds, whilst fantastic, is no-where near enough to get the metal that I really want!!

36 minutes ago, E39mad said:

I realised after doing the Le Mans Classic that winning a million pounds, whilst fantastic, is no-where near enough to get the metal that I really want!!

You won a million pounds Rupert? 

56 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

You won a million pounds Rupert? 

I wish....nope it would be great to but it's still not enough for some precious metal!!