Sign in to follow this  
Tenorsax

Springs

Hi... Recently ordered H&R lowering springs to fit E39 523 saloon. Drop is 30mm front and 30 rear. Had a call from supplier asking if I am sure I had ordered the correct set up, as they felt my vehicle has a self adjusting mechanism at the rear. I'm confused. I was under the impression only touring had self leveling suspension. Please someone tell me that I can!! just change springs old for new without concern for leveling issues. I thought just a straight swap over.. I'm confused.... Help.... Please... 

28 minutes ago, Tenorsax said:

Hi... Recently ordered H&R lowering springs to fit E39 523 saloon. Drop is 30mm front and 30 rear. Had a call from supplier asking if I am sure I had ordered the correct set up, as they felt my vehicle has a self adjusting mechanism at the rear. I'm confused. I was under the impression only touring had self leveling suspension. Please someone tell me that I can!! just change springs old for new without concern for leveling issues. I thought just a straight swap over.. I'm confused.... Help.... Please... 

Stick this in the E39 tech section pal; you'll get better coverage and answers

However, unless your car has SLS/EDC or as you said, it's a touring on rear bags, then no, the springs will work fine

Edited by d_a_n1979