Yup

May is gonna seriously fuck up Brexit; too soft, too lenient and too willing to let it go tits up!

You can understand why he's resigned; his plans have just been brushed aside; a complete piss take really!

To sort this out, you would have to be 'as cunning as a fox who has just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University' (Edmund Blackadder). And May isn't. 

We may be bored. But business leaders already talking about moving production and jobs: 

http://uk.businessinsider.com/businesses-attack-uk-government-over-handling-of-brexit-2018-7

Davis is just another one that has decided to go for an early bath rather than put on his country's shirt and play

7 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yup

May is gonna seriously fuck up Brexit; too soft, too lenient and too willing to let it go tits up!

You can understand why he's resigned; his plans have just been brushed aside; a complete piss take really!

Agreed

Said it before and say it again I never wanted May to be our Prime Minster

The main problem is May doesn’t believe in Brexit.  She wants to please everyone.  She should have taken the result to mean: a two-person race with one winner and one looser.  She has been taking a lot of advice from Olly Robbins who is a remainer.  Her cabinet is nearly equal with both sides.  The majority should be leavers or reaminers who genuinely respect the vote

I lost faith in Davis from about December not because of him, but because of when May overruled him.  Then it started to become clear that Davis was just her puppet. 

Davis has been respectful to Barnier at press conferences and Barnier always insulted him.

I can’t blame him for resigning and respect him for staying this long.  As it may be perfect timing for May’s Chequers policy to change (but I doubt it).  As Davis admitted today that May gives in too easily to EU, and we have given away too much already

Anyway we just need Borris to resign so he will lie down in front of a bulldozer

Edited by nealpina
Should have been a bulldozer not 'the'

5 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Nearly but not quite. Just like the outcome of the ref.

hence why I wrote 'nearly'

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

What a shambles....

Fully agree

5 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Boris just resigned lol

Take my hat off to him - never thought he would have  done it though

9 hours ago, F10 530d said:

Will be interesting to see how this works out for Mrs May...

Very interesting now.

May is meant to be speaking be live from the commons at 15:30

She is in a tough corner now.  A resignation from May or a leadership contest? 

Edited by nealpina

1 hour ago, bmwmike said:

Hat off to him why? He is a wanker 

Hence why I wrote I never thought he would have done it.

A good chance I guess the snake Grove will get his job.

Edited by nealpina

33 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Or that four eyed prick Rees Mogg. *shudders*

I don’t think he will because it will mean respecting the chequers Brexit plan which he doesn’t agree with

Also could be immaterial now as the 48 letters of no confidence is likely to be sent. 

Not wishing to start an argument but I still can't fathom why any ordinary folk would have voted leave. If their current personal circumstance was somehow limited by the EU, I could understand.  But for the majority of people I can't see anything but a short to medium term socioeconomic insult. Immigration? I don't think people are that stupid.  Trade agreements? I don't think most people are that intelligent. 

ETA I guess I'm posting this because I'm hoping the current crisis with the resignations will help roll back the whole sorry mess... sadly I think the damage is done and runs too deep. So theyll press on - for what.

Edited by bmwmike

I have a feeling that another referendum would return an even bigger majority to leave because of the sheer arrogance of European negotiators towards the British.  I have to admit that I was on the fence but this has certainly hardened my attitude.  All these Euro chappies have short memories as to what they owe this country over many many years including their very existance in many cases.  The motto of France should be, "We will always be there when we need you".

What's your views?   And what did the Romans ever do for us anyway?

58 minutes ago, oldjohnny said:

I have a feeling that another referendum would return an even bigger majority to leave because of the sheer arrogance of European negotiators towards the British.  I have to admit that I was on the fence but this has certainly hardened my attitude.  All these Euro chappies have short memories as to what they owe this country over many many years including their very existance in many cases.  The motto of France should be, "We will always be there when we need you".

What's your views?   And what did the Romans ever do for us anyway?

Reckon you're probably right on the second referendum point. Not sure I'd want a second ref either. I was living in the Irish Republic when they got their referendum result wrong and were asked to try again.  Not a great way to go about things.

What do the EU countries owe the UK?  Do you mean the war?

My view - whatever it takes to maintain my freedom to be happy, healthy, and give my kids opportunities. Including travel throughout the european countries, and decently stocked shelves. :) politically I don't care if the UK is part of the EU or not but I do want freedom of movement. 

Edited by bmwmike

4 hours ago, bmwmike said:

He is a wanker

Certainly is. As someone said on the radio this morning 'He might be the life and soul of the party but you wouldn't want him to drive you home'.

Totally agree with the freedom of movement Mike but how do you control the financial liabilities involved in this as it's all one way traffic to the UK at present.  Didn't mean wars as such although everyone turned to the UK for help when they were threatened as they were once a much stronger force both militarily and financially.   The assistance given in the fields of finance, equiptment and manpower over the years to other countries has been staggering and still going on for reasons best known to those in power.

The attitudes of Michel Barnier and in particular Jean Claude Juncker have been mocking and dictatorial from the beginning of this process, making any proposals pointless.  For an example see Jean Claudes comments tonight about the UK government when told that Boris had resigned as well.   With friends like this, who need enemies.

Whether we have a hard, soft, or half-hard-and-playful Brexit, we can be sure that the remaining EU states will roger us within an inch of our lives thereafter. Not only have we told them we want to leave their club, but we (or certainly Nige) has told them it stinks. 

Obviously there will have been plenty of well informed and intelligent people who voted to leave for reasons they consider to be valid. There were also a significant number who thought only to stem immigration and 'get our country back'. Many thought that ticking the 'Leave' box was all there was to do, and the clock would roll back 40-odd years.

Edited by pidgeonpost

The sooner Rees Mogg gets the PM job, the better. The other lot ar a spineless bunch of wankers, Cameron included.

It was always going to be a useless compromise when you had a vote that ended roughly 50/50. We’ll end up with being part of the EU by all intents and purposes but with a worse deal than we had before and no influence or say in how it’s run. 

I love how some people are backing Jacob Rees-Mogg, the same people who would usually despise someone like him, a posh, rich snob who is totally disconnected from the world most of us live in.