Jake

INSTA-D

Can anyone help. I 've recently bought  a D-Can cable from cable shack. Jimmy sent me a link containing ista-d  I've downloaded the link, extracted and loaded the files on my laptop (using windows 10). Prior to this I download the DVD witch came with the d-can cable, and successfully installed relevant drives, INPA, BMWTools etc. 

I'm unable to run/open ista-d via the desktop icon or at the source. It  looks like it wants to open but then just times out. 

Thanks in advance 

Jake

install every c++ that should have come with the download, even the 32 bit ones or it wont launch.

If you have problems get this version and use the install instructions on the same page. 

https://www.bmwmvideos.com/bmw-diagnostics-software/bmw-rheingold-4-10-20-standalone-sdp-4-10-21-ista-p-3-64-0-600/

Thank you very much Sir, I download all the 32+'s as you suggested and problem solved. Also thanks for the link that will come in handy for learning my way around the programme. 

I've e mailed Jim but not sure he'll be answering on a sunday..this is what I've sent him.  

Trying to install orange k+d can disc. I’ve go as far as bmw tools and on restart cs update will not install. Dvd menu has not responded then when I thought it had I try to install cs update and not responding then continues with the overall menu page fadinf out in colour.

In the start menu, bmw tools is present along with inpa, ncs expert, nfs, tool 32, winkfp and two pdf’s- edibas and winkfp. I’ve clicked on of them and have not taken the laptop to the car...

Hey Jake, nah the disc is goosed, tried all this morning again. My VPN had not let through some emails including Jimmy's but got his now and a link. I've not tried anything today with new link... Cheers for asking..