Andyrt200

C110 code scanner software update

My fault code scanner can’t read the ABS codes. I borrowed my friends his did fine. He got a C110 the same after borrowing mine so much he decided he really should get his own, so it’s much newer than mine. 

His is is running software V4.2 where as mine is running V3.1. 

There is a software update disc that comes with it. But that obviously can’t have the latest version on it. The update program had www.szcreator.com so I looked there, they had a list of updates for all the scanners, V4.6 was listed for the C110 but the link just gave a 404 error. Having a google about just takes me though hoops back to that website. 

Does anyone happen to have a copy of any update for the C110? 

Though my friends can read the fault codes it trips up on the live data & just freezes rather than showing the next page of lists. So it would be good to have the most up to date software. 

6 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

I guess anything anyone has thats better than V3.1 would be good, it seems V4.6 is the very latest so I’d prefer that, but V4.2 clearly works better than V3.1. 

If it goes pair shape, don't panic. Update again with v 4.4. I have all the version except 3.3 & 3.4

Edited by jake13

Yes that worked a treat thanks very much @jake13 I’ve got 4.4 on mine now & it’s reading the ABS codes fine.

It’s still very slow to get to the live data on pages 2 & 3. 

I’ll maybe try the V4.6 later but the main thing is the update is working fine now! 

If 4.6 bricks it, downgrade to 4.4 or lower. Can't remember which one, but had trouble communicating with PDC control unit.

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V4.3_EN.rar

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V4.2_EN.rar

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V4.1_EN.rar

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V4.0_EN.rar

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V3.9_EN.rar

BMW_CREATOR_V3.8_EN.rar

C110_BMW_CREATOR_V3.7_EN.rar

C110_CREATOR_V3.6_EN.rar

BMW_CREATOR_V3.5_EN.rar

Version 3.0 is small file, good for quickly loading firmware if bricked; takes 9 minutes. There is issue in datastream, coolant temperature is not readable etc:

BMW_CREATOR_V3.0_EN.rar

Edited by jake13

I tried V4.6 but it didn’t work on mine either, it just said failed to load at the end of the update process or words to that effect & the tools screen went blank. 

It loaded V3.0 back on very quick as you said & the tool came back to life fine. 

I tried V4.6 again then, but it was still the same. V4.4 loaded back on no problem though & seems to work very well! 

Top man - just stole 4.4 for my new c110+

Didn't seem to be any actual updates on the CD they supplied, just the software to update it!!!

Quick google found this thread - updating now and will try it later on the other halfs X5 - find out what this engine light is all about that came on last week!!!

9 minutes ago, miniblob said:

Top man - just stole 4.4 for my new c110+

Didn't seem to be any actual updates on the CD they supplied, just the software to update it!!!

Quick google found this thread - updating now and will try it later on the other halfs X5 - find out what this engine light is all about that came on last week!!!

Those files are for C110 only. The latest for C110+ which supports series 2 & 4 chassis is version 6.0 (C110+ v6.0). See download page http://www.szcreator.com/page105