golfpaul

Split intercooler pipe

So it turns out the cause of all.my grief is a split in the intercooler pipe, the rubber part that goes to the egr.

I've seen replacement ones on eBay for a very reasonable tenner, thing is the current one is held in place by a band of metal, not a circlip or jubilee clip.

Is it just a case of carefully sawing the clip off and installing the new hose with jubilee clips.

Will that hold the pressure ok?

Just now, golfpaul said:

So it turns out the cause of all.my grief is a split in the intercooler pipe, the rubber part that goes to the egr.

I've seen replacement ones on eBay for a very reasonable tenner, thing is the current one is held in place by a band of metal, not a circlip or jubilee clip.

Is it just a case of carefully sawing the clip off and installing the new hose with jubilee clips.

Will that hold the pressure ok?

Yup, I replaced mine with proper silicone hoses and mikalor clamps

self amalgamating can't take pressure try gaffer tape over the top.

Are you sorted or did you buy a lemon? Neither my E46 nor E60 have given me the grief you have.

BMWs aren't generally like this. I'd hate for you to feel fucked over, when you've been stitched up. 

It is what it is.

Think the car had been a little neglected so I'm kicking it in to shape, or trying.

Found a nice oil leak whilst removing the intercooler pipe :(

10 hours ago, golfpaul said:

It is what it is.

Think the car had been a little neglected so I'm kicking it in to shape, or trying.

Found a nice oil leak whilst removing the intercooler pipe :(

Leak from the intercooler?  A certain amount of oil will always be present in the IC, but if you have lots I'd get your turbo seals checked!

2 hours ago, golfpaul said:

Ta.

No the leak is kinda egr level but more towards the bulkhead, I clocked it whilst removing the intercooler pipe.

Cracked Oil Filter housing?  Leaking Gasket therein?