KN54ALE

Alloy wheel fittment

I’m looking to buy a spare set of alloy wheels for my F11 530d M Sport

Iv been offered a set of genuine BMW 17” rims which have come off a 2012 F10 520d. BMW part no 6780720

is there any way of checking for certain these are the correct fittment and will fit my car?

inthink they are probably off the SE model and just want to be sure there are no differences between the SE and the M Sport or the 520d and the 530d

the main reason for the wheel escape is to allow me to get mine refurbished, but I’m then looking to have them with a set of winter tyres on. 

17" rims will fit your car with no issues. If they are genuine BMW wheels from another car you will be fine.

try this for help.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partgrp?id=FR72-EUR-01-2013-F10-BMW-535i&mg=36

to identify which wheel style it is. Change it to your chassis number and you should still see the same wheels.

My winters are 17" rims (style 327) and fit fine .

One thing to note is that some of the larger wheels use a wider tyre and rim on the rear axle of the saloon, but the touring does not. I don't think the 17" wheels came in wider variants so you should be fine on those.

I have a set of styling 327 17" as a winter set and they fit fine on my 530XD.

I had 17" SE alloys with winter tyres for my old F10 523i. 

No issues with rubbing or anything so should fit fine.

Reminds me, must check if they'll fit the F01 as their still in the garage! 

that pic reminds me of a road marking slip up when they wrote W Ham instead of W Mall. It makes a right mess when you burn it off.

Other famous ones on my watch include Totoya instead of Toyota on the A38 roundabout and Araf instead of slow in Whitchurch.

You'll find ARAF in many places as you get close to Welsh Wales in preference to SLOW - Not sure why as the predominance in the Whitchurch area was English when I was up there. Did get the yellow temporary signs often in English and Polish though.

A classic many years back was Watling St passing Park St station in Herts. As the road drops and kinks right then left, the word SLOW was painted on both lanes.... sadly the crew forgot to turn around so both on theSt Albans bound lane it's upside down!