d1mkaz

Wiper blades

The wiper blades for these cars are a challenge!

Of course you can get the super expensive ones from BMW and then just replace the rubber blade but if you want a more cost-effective option, Bosch makes the only ones that I've found work. In theory SWF (Valeo) has a kit for the e34 but I found that the passenger side blade was too long and the driver's side blade didn't put pressure down as evenly as the Bosch ones.

I use the Bosch 600S on the driver's side and 550S on the passenger side (24 and 22" respectively).

43 minutes ago, Big Will said:

Of course you can get the super expensive ones from BMW and then just replace the rubber blade but if you want a more cost-effective option, Bosch makes the only ones that I've found work. In theory SWF (Valeo) has a kit for the e34 but I found that the passenger side blade was too long and the driver's side blade didn't put pressure down as evenly as the Bosch ones.

I use the Bosch 600S on the driver's side and 550S on the passenger side (24 and 22" respectively).

1 hour ago, Big Will said:

Thanks Big Will, that's what I have installed,

any chance you can post link where would you buy? I cant find anything under Bosch 600S or 550S

Strange that the ones from EuroCarParts didn't fit? Last time I bought from them, it was an exact-matching set?

Are you sure you got the right ones? ECP's product code for the correct blades is: 485773040

If you put that number into ECP's search bar, it should take you to the page with the right blades. The blades both should be 24".

7 hours ago, d1mkaz said:

Thanks Big Will, that's what I have installed,

any chance you can post link where would you buy? I cant find anything under Bosch 600S or 550S

I'm located in Germany so almost every auto store and petrol station carries Bosch and SWF wiper blades. I don't think I bought these online but Autodoc.co.uk carries them pretty inexpensively. You just have to search for the right size.

I got my Bosch ones from eBay. About £25 iirc for the pair. Worth it.

These are the ones I’m pretty sure. 

Edited by KitsonRis

On 7/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, Blackman said:

Strange that the ones from EuroCarParts didn't fit? Last time I bought from them, it was an exact-matching set?

Are you sure you got the right ones? ECP's product code for the correct blades is: 485773040

If you put that number into ECP's search bar, it should take you to the page with the right blades. The blades both should be 24".

Yes, those are the ones it's just the price not that attractive 

On 7/8/2018 at 8:01 AM, KitsonRis said:

I got my Bosch ones from eBay. About £25 iirc for the pair. Worth it.

These are the ones I’m pretty sure. 

Thank you! That's the set I got - Bosch 602S