SuperDave

Novichok poisoning

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it does seem amazingly convenient that this nerve agent has popped up again only a week before a nato meeting on the "Russian problem", and while Brexit coverage becomes increasingly focused on May's cabinet split and maybe even now that England has progressed in a World Cup that the PM herself has ruled out any royal or govt minister being able to attend due to the previously claimed Russian-originated attack. Its almost as if a reminder were needed in the media. 

One example: theres a picture of a cop standing guard over a lone street bin in Salisbury on one news story. 

Are this couple and their close friend who apparently wasnt affected ( but lets assume might have a similar addiction problem) able to remember a few days later which bins they used or looked in (!?) and a route so precise that they were then ruled at risk of contamination from something in Salisbury that the general public and refuse collectors of that town haven't accidentally stumbled across themselves in the last three or four months? 

I doubt the Russians have much of an axe to grind with this other new couple so if its really Novichok the contamination link back to the original Salisbury attack is absolutely crucial... it just seems a little too convenient to me. 

Totally mad? :ph34r:;)

Edited by SuperDave

I think it's obviously related to the first, however I do belive will never find out how. 

It's possible that "they" randomly infected another couple to make it look like a contamination issue, just in time for this summit. I highly doubt it though. Annoyingly it's not at all to far away from where I work. 

No conspiracy I think, but perhaps an oversite by our guys following more ineptitude by their guys, or just plain ineptitude from our guys following vast ineptitude from theirs.

I don't think that in learned circles there's any doubt the nerve agent came from Russia who have form, motive and stated purpose to exact revenge on those it sees as traitors to its state, but for me the main unanswered question is still 'why attack Skripal when they did?' 

What or who would gain from Skripal dying at that point in time? 

If there was nothing tangible to gain then heads should roll for the method of trying to kill him. A simple bullet, knife or even hit and run would have so much more anonymous and yet still chilling for any other 'traitors' who knew of Skripal.

An answer to that question probably won't do anything more than provoke a load more questions, but it might lend a face and reason to the motive.

Lets hope there's no more nerve agent lying about the southern counties.

I am awaiting the accusation from the Russians that Porton Down has a leak or leaks though...

I think it's quite clear that the use of a nerve agent is a bigger deterrent than a simple shooting. As elaborate as it is. What surprises me is that an ex spy doesn't atleast have a basic cctv of his front door. 

My guess is that whoever administered the first dose just ditched the container. The second couple happened upon it and maybe handled/sniffed it out of curiosity. I doubt Ivan would want to risk a diversionary attack just as some of the heat seemed to be dying down.

I'm not sure why this latest incident should be considered to be murder though unless the authorities know something we don't.