Essex boy

A few pics from f my new (to me) m5

2 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

How much weed did you manage to stuff inside it whilst in A’dam? ;) 

Ha ha plenty but got stopped  in customs...they must have smoked it all themselves ;-)

1 hour ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

I recognise that M3 in the last picture from a "Modern Classics" front cover. 

Yes that’s the one, The owners of the m3 live a few doors away, it is totally mint!! 

Its going up for sale on  pistonheads....

Thank you she is gorgeous and extremely clean, a few scratches and tiny bubbling around the filler cap. I’m hoping the scratches will polish out, professionally....

shes going for uk mot on Monday, will need new headlights as they are left hand drive and aftermarket for Sweden...apart from that she is completely stock which is what I wanted....although I’d love to change the exhaust but I bought it for fun and investment. 

Edited by Essex boy

Lovely; glad you've got it back home all in one piece ;) 

This is where I sourced my headlights: http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/RiceRocketUk/_i.html?_nkw=bmw+e39+headlight&_sid=121427919&

£220 per side is dirt cheap; they're genuine Hella! Just retrofit the xenon bulbs/ballasts and away you go.

If you want OEM xenon headlights; they're closer to £600 each IIRC 

12 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Lovely; glad you've got it back home all in one piece ;) 

This is where I sourced my headlights: http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/RiceRocketUk/_i.html?_nkw=bmw+e39+headlight&_sid=121427919&

£220 per side is dirt cheap; they're genuine Hella! Just retrofit the xenon bulbs/ballasts and away you go.

If you want OEM xenon headlights; they're closer to £600 each IIRC 

That’s brilliant, thanks that’s a really good price. I didn’t want to go down the second hand route as they’d be pitted and hazy. I might go for these as they’d match perfectly and sit nicely with how clean the car is. The previous owner said he’d buy the lights back!! 

I was was worried when I left it parked in Amsterdam overnight, but the guys at the waldorf assured me she’d be safe....at the time I didn’t realise how close I was to the red light district but that’s another story ;-) .... the Mrs enjoyed that lol

15 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Looks great and love the colour.

Swedish plates? Can't quite make them out.

Yeh they are Swedish plates. The guy bought it from uk on 2011. Now it’s back home after only doing 4,000 miles in his ownership!!