Good Evening All,

Does anyone use a car cover on their F10?

Any recommendations at all?

I have a tree outside my house, and the car gets covered in loads of little spots and are a pain to remove - and they keep falling from the tree, and the car gets covered straight away after a wash! :(

any advice welcome,

thanks

vishal

No don't do it as inevitably water gets under the cover and on to your car. It will then never dry out and create a micro climate under the cover that will damage the car.

Buy one of these and chop the tree down. Solves the first problem and then after a year it can heat your house for free!

Perhaps but it will be a faff to take it on and off on the wet when you are in a rush.

Can you park somewhere else?

Or

Tell them you will chop it down at your own cost or you will send them the bill for it damaging your property. They will $h!t themselves and let you do it. Say it damaging your house foundation/roof/wall etc etc.....

Not really an option to park anywhere else unfortunately.......

Council recently trimmed the underside of the tree as it was overgrown so it doesnt get in peoeple's way when walking, but they've not touched the top/sides.

I reckon a decent trim down would do the job - may just put a request in to the council......I'm sure i done something similar a long time ago, my request was declined :(

15 minutes ago, Ninja59 said:

is it over your land in any particular way? 

Not really, it overhangs the pavement, but because the tree is tall, it’s enough for the sticky stuff to get onto the car.

14 hours ago, Y15HAL said:

Even if I just put it on over the summer? That’s when the crap comes off the tree :(

id love to chop it down, but it’s one owned by the council! 

If the tree was rotting and dying, council would chop it down due to health and safety * hint hint * 

If it's tree sap you are talking about then even trimming it higher up won't help. It travels in the wind so you'll still get covered if you're in the vicinity of the tree. Bain of my life.

Drill, plus several holes deep in, plus syringe, sulphuric acid = no tree :ph34r:

10 hours ago, sshooie said:

Good to see google is still stalking my typing...

lSNZnkmh_J9NqJ1xL72gfff7XuolSeqJyGoC_bIhKG20Cm3xk7VdYst6ez0xXuvo2LnJb96vIeG-nv9TpjMWezdB9dGiBv4m6haoPcY6YTJKQT8tEdk9r7lnp6Qort1JoZ9IRVjAgvoNL4sLc3U6Ptd3980TFelAcLLxkEDuTcWAtx7mtKUvKNUM7qM9sSKm06ZwslDnT3DiiJDiVywPnKk1BSr7PMMMiRK-aDw9wExLpeyx8QunjoHuR1zcgtvfl-cAcFzS9y8cyX8_MWa4e8jFzYEfCp3ZiMu6EMBcNmijSM1PRy0ueiJOeqAmneFkOv7CmW-ZyOpjOgzhdzb9ZoLsIDxySujJaVySSlK9SRwlcPpkEDM9ENeNEFvuw_9RgrjueMHUBoxnuy_a0pBptMIDygHh0nrJr1zG5Nr_DqDA5kz2HHwMbazy4oUDUDTamNogk3fIZiTdSmCWGLnJnZXO4neOkSj4JrcG7AAWcngu7P_jP-vEmMQwc1KfxfDnj61yYe0y-ZGLy3itpcMy43OqKEzKEYzJKzQ--nr_Jz_oMXK9EjZSU8J23VvK2V3uuc1kgikutZrsygq57A5XfG3R-yJXqu_P6j79WMcY=w524-h930-no

That cookie crumb trials still freak me out a little

Windscreen will not stain and easy to wash. Paint will get fu*ked up by tree sap and bird dropping