mark6411

E28 sill MOT failure

Hi All, my '87 520i has just failed its MOT due to corroded sill at the O/S/R end and around the floor at the front end. I'm booked in to take it to a bodyshop I know, but if it requires a new sill then I've priced up at main dealer at over £300.

Is anyone aware of aftermarket ones that are decent quality?

I agree with Dan but genuine parts prices are a piss take nowadays and I will not allow myself to be anally raped by the Germans anymore. I've had excellent results from "classiccarz2". Ring Pattie on 01684 541267 and tell her Ivor sent you. Besides which OEM parts don't fit like they used to.

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Neither side available, is that after contacting classiccarz2?

I've visited my bodywork chap and he says it's repairable by patching. Having said that, once he starts grinding away who knows where it will end?

Cheeks well and truly clenched.

Not from UK dealers Dan, I checked yesterday BMW Classic parts de are showing RHS available. I'm waiting for tel call later today to advise.

28 minutes ago, Taffy 1 said:

Not from UK dealers Dan, I checked yesterday BMW Classic parts de are showing RHS available. I'm waiting for tel call later today to advise. 

That's what I mean - you can buy it direct from BMW Classic for €158 delivered.

I fpund dealing directly with the Germans OK, anything over E50 I think free shipping. I bought a pair of M tech rear springs several years ago - much cheaper than UK dealer prices and good service. There is another alternative, try WallothNesch. 

Edited by Taffy 1

On 6/29/2018 at 6:24 PM, Taffy 1 said:

I fpund dealing directly with the Germans OK, anything over E50 I think free shipping. I bought a pair of M tech rear springs several years ago - much cheaper than UK dealer prices and good service. There is another alternative, try WallothNesch. 

How do you rate the body parts from Wallonthnesch?

If you look at the images, it should tell you if the part is OEM or not. That's a good guide to start with, apart from that the co has a very good reputation.