Calypso-E34

Cracking looking E34 530i on eBay

A very well kept 1990 car.  Looks like all the work has been done.  Not cheap, but it doesn't need anything :

CLICKY

Didn't say powerful ;)

but they're smooth and torquey and built to last. 

I think the 530 was a stop gap replacement for the e28 528 rendered superfluous once the m50 2.5 came along.  

Only 30 BHP difference between the 3.0 and the 3.5, but then again, that's 16%.

The M50 24v would leave the M30 3.0 for dead - it was nearly as quick in every way that mattered as the 3.5 imo.

Looks well priced considering recent money spent. If the alloys are Rondell's then there's £6-700 there too.

Nice old cruiser for the summer...

C.

I used to have a couple of 535i E34's, and they were a beautiful cruiser, the doors shut with a definate clunk, build quality was light years ahead of the E28, the E39, and pretty much anything else that was around at the time.

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

I think the e34 was probably the last BMW built to a standard and not a price. 

Yes - and built to be repaired easily too (except for the grille and surround - the Devil's work).  It's a giant Meccano set really.  Need a new battery?  Just drop one in.  Need a new electrical component?  Just switch them over.  Want to change the radio?  Just buy the one you want, get a little loom adapter, and you're set.  Coding individual components?  Pah!!  Need to start the car after a period of not using it?  You just turn the key.  No need to fly someone from BMW over from Germany.....

The E34 is a solid car, and you can feel the quality, even compared to the E39, which in itself was a good car.  Feel the switch operation.  Feel the positive action of the indicator and wiper stalks.  Listen to the sound the indicators make when used.  It's just BETTER.  Worth spending a few quid keeping a good one nice.

My e34 535 is my "go to" car at the moment. Gets heaps of comments and looks when out and about and is a pleasure to hoon about in and practical too.

C.

This looks a lovely motor

I'd seriously swap mine/sell mine to buy that

Always loved the shape of these and love the round headlights... 

Hi everyone, 

The car above is mine. I have relisted with a slightly lower price if anyone is currently in the market. 

Very clean car inside and out with some uncommon yet tasteful additions. 

The wheels are low offset rondells and it comes with a set of throwing star reps for winter (with tyres). 

I have included a link to the ad below. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323319930220