phaylock

Best courtesy car ever!

So my f10 530d has corrosion on every door. Repair been approved under warranty so it went in on Thursday. Like most of us on here, I love my car and it's gorgeous to drive. However, given the courtesy car I have been given, I am happy for them to keep it for a while. Rapid is not the word!

20180614_182708.jpg

20180614_181533.jpg

20180614_182725.jpg

20180614_182720.jpg

Nice !

Do the Comfort seats ventilate or massage?

1 hour ago, phaylock said:

So my f10 530d has corrosion on every door. Repair been approved under warranty so it went in on Thursday. Like most of us on here, I love my car and it's gorgeous to drive. However, given the courtesy car I have been given, I am happy for them to keep it for a while. Rapid is not the word!

That 540i is going to be my next car but in G31 guise! Other's in the family don't see the point as the 530d F11 is such a great car but eventually my garage will be graced with one!

Give us a review of your time with it please. Comparing it to the 530d would be very well received.

They seem to be good value them G31’s!

as if you’re  unhappy with something after 3-6 months of ownership then you can take it back for a full refund! :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

They seem to be good value them G31’s!

as if you’re  unhappy with something after 3-6 months of ownership then you can take it back for a full refund! :ph34r:

Really?

Mate of mine has a 335d xdrive that is now remapped to over 400bhp. Awesome engine even without a remap. I would say though that this 540i feels a good bit faster than that when it was standard and not a million miles away from it remapped. A 7k redline also helps!

stunning the 540i is. I really wanted one but settled on the F01 730d as it was cheaper and still suited my needs. The G series all have the same style and are finally back to looking like a line up form BMW and not a random mash up of designs. I really do think the G series styling is back to BMW of the 80's!

37 minutes ago, sanjx said:

stunning the 540i is. I really wanted one but settled on the F01 730d as it was cheaper and still suited my needs. The G series all have the same style and are finally back to looking like a line up form BMW and not a random mash up of designs. I really do think the G series styling is back to BMW of the 80's!

Including the 6GT? Snigger.

The only issue now is bmw have changed the kidney grill shape even since the 5, 6GT and 7 release...i bet they will change that at LCI....

I have moments where i like the new 5. But there is some odd details missing IMO.

20 minutes ago, phaylock said:

but the fuel costs would not make me a happy chap!

Probably return on average real world between high 20s to high 30s mpg based on mine. It will be better than you think.

I'd love to have an extended test drive to get an idea of "real" mpg.

i've done 200miles mixed driving and 300 miles (steady 75mph) London to Bristol and back this week/weekend and only got 44 mpg out of my 520d tourer.