Atlastabeema

Re-map in or near Hampshire

Has anyone used the services of BM conversions, Wessex Tuning, Ozmo motorsport or any of the other advertised remap suppliers in and around Hampshire?

I have a 2014 520D with the N47T engine and 37K miles.

The general price around this area seems to be in the region of £400, but that seems to be for a generic map producing a claimed 220 bhp with an extra 15% increase in torque.

Obviously Mr Mashed Potatoes in Chester offers a great service with what appears to be much more than a generic map at a great price, but a 7 hour round trip is the only downside from Hampshire to Chester.

I'm struggling to find any online recommendations, so if anyone has any experience or recommendations for this area, that would be most appreciated.

If you can stretch your budget a bit further, DMS in Southampton are superb and their service and after-sales promises justify the extra cost (IMO, of course). My 520d made 238bhp and just over 350lbft torque and regularly returns over 50MPG on a motorway cruise. It drives superbly too, around town and on faster roads.

If you get in touch and have an honest conversation about price, saying you've been told they are willing to do a deal and that you've been recommended to them by a fellow BMW driver, I'm sure you'll bring their list price down (which is eye-watering!). What you get for it, in addition to the rolling road test, is superb after sales support just in case its needed. That peace of mind and the confidence I felt when I went into to talk to them beforehand felt worth it to me, but it's a very personal judgement of value. I rely on my car for a lengthy commute, so I went for it and love it.

HI Rob

The last time I looked at their website, I think they were looking for about £1100.00, which quite honestly is a bit expensive!!

What sort of figure do you think they may do a deal at?

Dave

Dms are stupid money personally I wouldn’t go there and pay there prices as I’m pretty sure they use most generic maps and then just tweek them slightly. I have used Simon at emaps plenty of times and run cars for years with his maps and never ever had 1 issue with them. He will come to you when he is next down this way and rough guide you will be looking at around £350-£400 and that’s for him to travel to you. 

Thanks for the replies. There are 2 new names there I haven't come across until now.

6 hours ago, Atlastabeema said:

HI Rob

The last time I looked at their website, I think they were looking for about £1100.00, which quite honestly is a bit expensive!!

What sort of figure do you think they may do a deal at?

Dave

I have seen figures of £500-700 quoted for DMS. I paid around £600 if I recall correctly. Worth dropping in for a chat if you can, to rule it out if nothing else.

Not yet. Had a long chat though when the battleship was in for a service. Although they say it is not detectable by BMW I don't want to risk the warranty. The gains are "considerable" apparently, but I think we all know that!

They certainly love their Bob Marleys there.

Well, I finally decided on Ozmo Motorsport at Dorchester. The car is transformed. This is how it should have been from the factory!

Not sure if I'm allowed to make a recommendation, but Craig is a top bloke and knows his stuff. Full fault diagnosis befoe installing a brilliant re-map. The car is far more responsive and mid range acceleration is vastly improved. Low end torque is noticably improved as well.

Overall the car runs smoother, ticks over better, and responds to the throttle far quicker than before. Hopefully, the fuel consuption will also be improved (As long as the throttle isn't pressed too hard!)

43 minutes ago, Atlastabeema said:

Well, I finally decided on Ozmo Motorsport at Dorchester. The car is transformed. This is how it should have been from the factory!

Not sure if I'm allowed to make a recommendation, but Craig is a top bloke and knows his stuff. Full fault diagnosis befoe installing a brilliant re-map. The car is far more responsive and mid range acceleration is vastly improved. Low end torque is noticably improved as well.

Overall the car runs smoother, ticks over better, and responds to the throttle far quicker than before. Hopefully, the fuel consuption will also be improved (As long as the throttle isn't pressed too hard!)

Ignore your fuel economy for the first two weeks. You'll be having too much fun!

Sport mode actually does something now!!!

I've reverted to normal driving in comfort mode and only using sport when the occasion demands it......

I just cannot believe how much more responsive and pleasurable to drive the car is following the re-map.

I was advised to take it easy until the computer has settled in with the new map, so obviously that's what I'm doing at the mo.

I wonder if BMW will notice when it goes in for service?

Thanks to everyone that replied and gave advice. I would happily have travelled to Chester for the re-map, but it's a long round trip, so ultimately it made sense to find a local source and to say I'm happy is an understatement.