Sign in to follow this  
golfpaul

Screen not working, help needed!

When I first bought the car a couple of months ago, the idrive screen didn't work, it turned out to be an inline fuse behind the dash that was connected to some equipment.
Today the screen stopped, again it was the fuse which I replaced - then blew again.
It appears this 'equipment' takes video inputs from the rear dvds and the CCC then sends them on to the screen, the led on the equipment is now unlit so I presume the part has gone.
Can anyone help with sourcing a replacement, I don't think it's OEM..

Thanks in advance.

20180614_122206.jpg

I need to suss this out, I feel sick driving around with the screen not working :sad:

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram for this idrive setup for the 2004 E60?

It blew initially, then blew the replacement, it hasn't blown again.

It has power to the connector but the equipment will not power up so I'm assuming the fault is with the aftermarket unit.

I really need a wiring diagram so I can remove the aftermarket parts and hopefully return to original.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

I'm struggling to find a wiring diagram for this setup, so that'd be a help.

I don't think it's the CCC that's gone as the radio/cd still work and can hear the warning chimes, just seems to be the output to the screen.

Like I said earlier, the module has power to it but appears not to be powering up.

Thanks, that looks almost identical.

I'm not bothered about watching dvd on the front screen, is there anyway of omitting this part completely?

What I can't work out is why the cable goes from the CCC directly to this unit behind the glovebox, it's an aftermarket part but the cable is part of an OEM loom.