45 minutes ago, coolhand9 said:

Probably a bit older than you are looking for but I always loved the CL55 AMG. A huge car, basically a 2 door S-class, but still amazingly quick. Something that big just should not be able to move that fast!

It was rumoured that the 55 AMG engine in the SL was good for 207mph in standard format, just with the factory limiter take off obviously.

Yeah I’ve had a look at them and do like them, however the interiors are very dated where as the cls just has a dated interior :lol:

TBH that wouldn’t surprise me about the top speed ;) 

Always fancied a CL500/600,but they,re not really cut out for dog moving duties,ah well maybe one day.

^^^^ yup! 

They seem to be leaps and bounds better than everything else when new but as soon as they change the model the interior’s seem to age about 50 years! :lol: 

similar to howdie’s, a 10 year old BMW interior looks so much better that a 10 year old howdie interior IMO

but it’s more about that charged engine if I’m honest ;) 

mick, you can “squeeze” a mastiff in the back of one! You might get reported for cruelty but it will go in, just ;) :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

mick, you can “squeeze” a mastiff in the back of one! You might get reported for cruelty but it will go in, just ;) :lol: 

Just don't tie it to the bumper, it'll never keep up.:wacko:

Iv had a few Mercs lads, I did have a C55 AMG, same engine as the CLS 55 but without a supercharger. Engine and gearbox are bulletproof in these cars. 

The SBC pump will need replacing at some point, budget £1000-£1200 thereabouts.

The car has air suspension, if any of it fails you’re looking at a £1000 per corner for a new airmatic pump.

Discs and Pads are very reasonable.  Electrics can fail, check absolutely everything on them.

I almost bought one but running one put me off.  I will have one at some point I’m sure but my F30 330d is belting so far

Cheers fezzy 

why is the pump so much? And is that the brake peddle pressing thing that I’m vaguely aware of? :lol: 

A quick google brings up repairs for it at around £200 or a replacement pump with a lifetime warranty for around £350, obviously I’ve not looked at it in detail.

can you not just just stick them on coil overs instead of being bent over when the suspension needs replacing? 

How much is servicing them? 

It’ll be a second car and used for the local stuff we do...