pidgeonpost

Civil Parking Charge Notice

Just arrived in the post courtesy of Athena ANPR. Overstayed in Lidl car park by 13 minutes, but was shopping in the same store the whole time as we were doing a huge shop for a private event. There is an appeals process, so can try that I guess. Question is, if they dismiss my appeal do I pay or ignore? What does the team think?

Appeal; they have to get back to you

Don't ignore it

But 13mins, overstay, as you were shopping in their store is a piss take IMO

Have the receipt to hand, as it'll show the time you paid and their cameras will show the time you parked up etc

Hopefully someone with sense will sort this

IF it not a council, ignore it! 

I wouldn’t even appeal as you’re admitting liability....

It’s worked for me in the past ;)  

Also im in week 1 of a ignore a overstay notice myself :lol: 

Agree with Dan.  You have the receipt for your shop which will be time stamped which you can use to argue over the time on your penalty notice.

Get the shop on side too, they won't want their customers being penalized.

When we were shopping for prams, highchair, cots, carseats etc, before our littl'un arrived at the local Mothercare shop, I asked the staff about the 2 hour threat in the car park.  They said don't worry we will back you up esp when you have a receipt.  

So let me get this right? 

You want to prove to the parking cunts that he overstayed? 

What good would that do? 

Thats what their charging him for....

:rolleyes:

No; they already have proof that he's overstayed, hence the fine and notice letter!

He needs to appeal it, using the shop to assist and receipt to show when he paid/checked out, so verify that it was all unintentional...

Unfortunately, these twats of parking companies are renowned for going after folk relentlessly and more often than not, it'll go to court! That's how money-grabbing these cuntybollocks are!

It's best to fight fire with fire; not ignore it

Go back to the store and make it the managers problem, don't reply to the parking company. The manager can get it cancelled with an email or phone call.  I had this with tesco a long time ago as I was contracted there but the store screwed up by parking exemption, It took the store manager all of 2 minutes to resolve.

19 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

No; they already have proof that he's overstayed, hence the fine and notice letter!

He needs to appeal it, using the shop to assist and receipt to show when he paid/checked out, so verify that it was all unintentional...

Unfortunately, these twats of parking companies are renowned for going after folk relentlessly and more often than not, it'll go to court! That's how money-grabbing these cuntybollocks are!

It's best to fight fire with fire; not ignore it

The problem being my thick necked friend ;) is that no parking company in the land can enforce a PCN unless it’s a council (as they give out PCN’s on their land ) and IF it gets to the latter stages then you can say that your over staying didn’t “cost” the carpark owner loss of revenue that equates to the same amount as the fine ;) 

then if that fails 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t, you then state that the signage wasn’t adequate as the signs should be in every bay and not just doted around the car park thus you didn’t see them! ;) 

Fuck the lot of em....

23 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

The problem being my thick necked friend ;) is that no parking company in the land can enforce a PCN unless it’s a council (as they give out PCN’s on their land ) and IF it gets to the latter stages then you can say that your over staying didn’t “cost” the carpark owner loss of revenue that equates to the same amount as the fine ;) 

then if that fails 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t, you then state that the signage wasn’t adequate as the signs should be in every bay and not just doted around the car park thus you didn’t see them! ;) 

Fuck the lot of em....

Are you not just able to say that your car is chauffeur driven and that chauffeur is Ray Charles? :lol: 

20 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Are you not just able to say that your car is chauffeur driven and that chauffeur is Ray Charles? :lol: 

I don’t see why not? :lol: 

I bet they would send the fine out in Braille....

We’ve been through this before. Yokozunas information is either out of date or just plain wrong.

OP, your best bet is to go over to pepipoo.com and ask for their advice. You’ll get an informed response without the hyperbole there.

17 minutes ago, Spandex said:

We’ve been through this before. Yokozunas information is either out of date or just plain wrong.

OP, your best bet is to go over to pepipoo.com and ask for their advice. You’ll get an informed response without the hyperbole there.

Well it works for me! ;) 

No one is saying it has never worked. No one is even saying it will never work again. But it’s not guaranteed to work and it’s not the method recommended by people on pepipoo, who are far more experienced in this stuff than either of us.

The fact that it used to be the advice they gave out, but has changed due to changes in the law and recent court judgements should tell us something.

19 minutes ago, Spandex said:

No one is saying it has never worked. No one is even saying it will never work again. But it’s not guaranteed to work and it’s not the method recommended by people on pepipoo, who are far more experienced in this stuff than either of us.

The fact that it used to be the advice they gave out, but has changed due to changes in the law and recent court judgements should tell us something.

Ok keep you shirt on! 

The funny thing is, that’s the site I got that advice off.....

;) 

Maybe things have changed? 

Maybe it won’t work for me this time? 

Maybe no one cares? 

Maybe it will work? 

Maybe I don’t care if it does or it doesn’t? 

You seem to come across as someone that likes to shout me down? Dunno why that might be? But instead of jumping up and down on others advice/point of view why don’t you just give your advice and let the thread be about what the OP asked? 

I also never stated if he was to ignor it, it would work....

I haven’t shouted you down. I’ve told the OP that your advice is out of date and I’ve told them where to find current advice.  No different to you telling Dan his advice was wrong.

I fail to see where I told dan his advice was wrong? 

You actually stated my advice was either old or wrong! 

Anyway, I’ve just had a low carb chicken sandwich and very nice it was to...

can you tell I don’t care? :rolleyes:

;) 

11 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

can you tell I don’t care? :rolleyes:

;) 

No I can’t. Maybe try posting about it some more, see if that makes it more obvious? ;)

22 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

Just arrived in the post courtesy of Athena ANPR. Overstayed in Lidl car park by 13 minutes, but was shopping in the same store the whole time as we were doing a huge shop for a private event. There is an appeals process, so can try that I guess. Question is, if they dismiss my appeal do I pay or ignore? What does the team think?

Appeal, but also get on the case of the manager of the store and use your receipt as evidence... does it have a time stamp as to when you paid ...?

Also hit up their Facebook page and make a complaint - you may even get some vouchers sent your way for the inconvenience ...

Thanks, I've submitted an online appeal with time-stamped receipts but not heard back yet. Good point about seeing Lidl manager and FB page. Will get back on the case if nothing back by Monday.

Well thanks all. Pleased to say I got an email back to say appeal upheld and penalty cancelled. I'd built up a good head of steam over this and was all fired up to go to town in store and in FB if they'd refused, but now blood pressure slowly returning to normal. Sorry to have sparked a bit of spat on here, but looks like no blood was shed!  :)