packers1712

connecting iphone

9 hours ago, packers1712 said:

Thanks chaps, I can bluetooth music from the phone to the car is that not classed as streaming? 

Sorry excuse my ignorance!

Yes, that is streaming. On the earlier cars you had to have enhanced bluetooth as an option to have bluetooth streaming enabled. Post 2013 Bluetooth Audio streaming became standard.

30 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Post 2013 Bluetooth Audio streaming became standard.

I can't seem to do this on my 2014 with Android, reckon I can stream wirelessly from an iPhone?

4 hours ago, Dakota said:

I can't seem to do this on my 2014 with Android, reckon I can stream wirelessly from an iPhone?

The option you need is the same for both Android and iPhone, so if it works (or doesn't) for one it'll be the same on the other. That said, if you're sure you have the BT streaming option (you should with a 14-plate), make sure you have Phone and Audio selected in the phone setup. I forget the exact menu structure, but in Settings, find Connections, then Bluetooth, select the phone and you should have tick-box options to select how you want to connect. Make sure the audio option is selected and then try again.

If it works, in Media, you'll see your phone listed as an External Device.

Then you don't have EBT. It can be coded to add the option (you have the right hardware already), so have a search through the forum for it and you'll find the right guides for using e-sys. 

I thought I couldn't stream music either....based on the fact that it didn't work when I tried before.

Reading @RobMs posts above are me look again at my car and my iPhone. I went into part of the menu that I had never gone to before and next to my iPhone there were a couple of symbols, the music note was greyed out.

Then had to run for my train. So I looked at my phone. In the music setting, streaming was switched off. Switching it back on, hopefully that should work, but it will be hours before I get back to the car to check.

My early 2013 car has S6NF music interface for smartphone, S6NK Link for Bluetooth and USB device. My iPod nano is wired in via USB. It has tunes from a different iTunes account (my wife's) so being able to stream music from my phone (where the music is a bit heavier  :twisted:) would be really handy.

Edited by 535i Andrew

7 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

I thought I couldn't stream music either....based on the fact that it didn't work when I tried before.

Reading @RobMs posts above are me look again at my car and my iPhone. I went into part of the menu that I had never gone to before and next to my iPhone there were a couple of symbols, the music note was greyed out.

Then had to run for my train. So I looked at my phone. In the music setting, streaming was switched off. Switching it back on, hopefully that should work, but it will be hours before I get back to the car to check.

My early 2013 car has S6NF music interface for smartphone, S6NK Link for Bluetooth and USB device. My iPod nano is wired in via USB. It has tunes from a different iTunes account (my wife's) so being able to stream music from my phone (where the music is a bit heavier  :twisted:) would be really handy.

I suspect your two settings combined will give you music streaming. On the phone, you're telling it to use the streaming protocols with your car. On the car, you're saying the same in reverse. It won't work unless both are enabled, so you're probably onto a winner here!

From memory, again depending on your cars options, you have three Bluetooth connection options: Phone, Phone 2 and Audio/Music.

Ive got a 2014 520D and I can't stream music either. I was a bit surprised at that as my Insignia did everything, and it's only a Vauxhall!!!

You need the options mentioned above for streaming and all the bits ticked 'on' in the music settings on your iPhone.

I got mine to work after a good few minutes of head scratching.

image.jpg

Bluetooth streaming symbol greyed out but I can make phone calls via Bluetooth.

image.jpg

Music note greyed out. Press idrive controller to go into this part of the menu and I think it's then configure phone. Enter that part.

This gives you the below screen

image.jpg

Tick audio.

This now gives you the music symbol available 

image.jpg

This now gives the Bluetooth for streaming.

image.jpg

This then allows you to then stream your tunes. But this is where I hit another snag, I couldn't hear any music, I had to then turn up the sound on my phone when the music was playing.

image.jpg

The journey home was somewhat quicker listening to Cliff Burtons distorted wah was bass lines in this track.:D

Thanks to @RobM

Edited by 535i Andrew