Atlastabeema

S1CDA Brake energy regeneration

That all sounds very formula one, but what does it actually mean? I notice that when first braking from 50mph upwards, there's very little immediate retardation until I significantly increase the pedal pressure. Is that regeneration or a brake fault?

Does it just not make sure the alternator is loaded up so that when you brake, the engine being driven by the wheels charges up the battery under braking.   It will make sure the TC is fully engaged in the autobox (and not in coast) and switch on its charging circuits.

That doesn't sound at all exciting!!

I think I'd rather all the brake force input through the pedal was transferred to the calipers!!

All the braking force is transferred to the calipers (well as efficiently as any car); the alternator kicks in under engine braking to charge the battery; otherwise that energy would be lost in solely braking the car. It's not something you'd even notice when driving. It's pretty low tech compared to proper regenerative braking systems, but it's part of the efficient dynamics thing.

It sounds more exciting than it actually i then! A bit like the sport mode in a 2.0 diesel.....