Dickchy

Intensive washer piping

I am changing the pump on my E39 intensive washer reservoir as it is leaking. The hose going to it is brittle and keeps breaking. I thought may be some sort of silicon hose over the top of the old one might work. But what size and where can I get this. Alternatively where do I get just a length of hose? I don’t want to buy the entire washer hose harness which is all I can find on E Bay.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Dickchy said:

I am changing the pump on my E39 intensive washer reservoir as it is leaking. The hose going to it is brittle and keeps breaking. I thought may be some sort of silicon hose over the top of the old one might work. But what size and where can I get this. Alternatively where do I get just a length of hose? I don’t want to buy the entire washer hose harness which is all I can find on E Bay.

Thanks.

As @coolhand9 has said

If you've a local Halfrauds; they usually have washer piping in too, just use small cable ties to hold it in situ on the nipple sections etc. If not Halfrauds, use a local aquarium shop or as per the eBay link ;) 

46 minutes ago, coolhand9 said:

Aquarium air line is often a cheap alternative. Lots of different sizes on eBay and usually sold by the metre.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pvc-Tube-Clear-Hose-Pipe-Plastic-Food-Grade-Pond-Fish-Car-Air-Aquariums-Oil-Gas/282687606722?hash=item41d17e8fc2:m:mVNtoUo0ycS8csiPjAanZDA

Thanks for the super quick responses. I don’t have a Halfrauds near me (I am outside mainland UK) but will follow the aquarium air line link. Any idea what size I need?

19 minutes ago, Dickchy said:

Thanks for the super quick responses. I don’t have a Halfrauds near me (I am outside mainland UK) but will follow the aquarium air line link. Any idea what size I need?

4-6mm internal diameter IIRC

However, take a piece of the original and they'll soon match it :)