RobM

Wheel Balancing

4 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

No the Goodyears are on my wife's Kuga.

I have Michelin Primacy 3 on the front of my car as replacements for the original Michelin ZPs that were supplied new with the car.

Ah, I see, but you were suggesting the Goodyear and Michelin combination as a good possible combo, when it comes to replacing (Michelin on the front for the good handling)?

2 hours ago, mrsimes said:

Ah, I see, but you were suggesting the Goodyear and Michelin combination as a good possible combo, when it comes to replacing (Michelin on the front for the good handling)?

No you are mistaken. Apologies if I have mislead you.

Owners on here have fitted Goodyears to their car on all four wheels and have given them praise. Goodyears are an OEM tyre.

When I bought my car via BMW AUC it had two worn Michelin ZP (OEM tyre) on the front and two lesser quality tyres on the rear, the rear tyres are budget tyres (very not OEM tyre) but were virtually brand new when I bought the car over 2 years ago. I have yet to get rid of these rear tyres. If I'm lucky they will have done about 6,000 miles.

I now have two virtually new Michelin Primacy 3 tyres on my front, which gives me confidence in the bends that the front end grips when I need it too.

I do not recommend mixing different brands of tyres on a car front to rear. I chose not to replace the two budget rear tyres before I put them back on this spring as I will need to buy four new winter tyres for this years winter.

Fit the same make and spec of tyres to all four wheels.

Fit a decent make of tyre.

Tyres are part of the car where you want to spend money, not save it, after all they are all that keeps you on the black stuff between the hedges and out of the ditches.

13 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

No you are mistaken. Apologies if I have mislead you.

Owners on here have fitted Goodyears to their car on all four wheels and have given them praise. Goodyears are an OEM tyre.

Thanks Andrew - fully understand now.  Thanks for taking the time to explain :-)

Update...

Replacement tyres were fitted today, after the garage clarified the warranty process. I've only had one quick drive since but it feels immediately better, back to before this saga began. I need to cover more miles before I'll be entirely satisfied though.

Now I've just got to hope Falken find a problem and I get my money back!

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Hi @RobM, what were the tyres you got fitted this time?

A direct replacement, so Falken FK510 again. Part of the warranty claim process insists on replacing them with as close to equivalent as possible.

Just to add to Andrew's mention of Goodyear Asymmetric 2 or 3. I highly recommend them and have been using them on my last 3 cars. I did try the efficient grip but Asymmetric superior and not much more. Camskill usually come up the cheapest online, albeit blackcircles recently have just as good but not always.