Sign in to follow this  
Hudds.taz

First service cost

Morning all,

As the title suggests I’ve got my first service coming up and just wondered what other people have paid for the first service just so I can compare to my local bmw garage

£399 for a service pack, best price as depending on millage you could get the first service (oil, filter and micorfilter), 2nd service (all filters) and one last the same as first right before the limit. 

I just had mine done last week. Really good value imo. Spoiled by the fact that the service washed my car (despite asking not to) using TFR, removed all of my fresh wax and took my vinyl wrapping off using a automatic wash! Fuming, but thats besides the point. 

40 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

£399 for a service pack, best price as depending on millage you could get the first service (oil, filter and micorfilter), 2nd service (all filters) and one last the same as first right before the limit. 

I just had mine done last week. Really good value imo. Spoiled by the fact that the service washed my car (despite asking not to) using TFR, removed all of my fresh wax and took my vinyl wrapping off using a automatic wash! Fuming, but thats besides the point. 

Down to do 17k per year so speaking to garage it wouldn’t be beneficial as may only get 1 service at a push 2

And if you Buy them seperatley, you’ll be paying Close to £900 for the first two based on current pricing so how is there no value?

049ECE97-C93B-4CD1-8448-D3D4D7435D6E.jpeg

FC4EFE17-05F3-409A-99CC-CCBC2F959D6B.jpeg

All depends on your mileage now the service pack is for 3 years and not the more generous 5 years.

If you only get 1 service in that 3 years then it's a matter of judgement as to whether it's worth it.

I felt not in this case and I've had a service plan on an e91 and a VW. That was the best deal. Paid £12pm for 4 services in 4 years.

Edited by Dephead2004

35 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Well with 17k miles a year the OP gets 2 services. Value for money 

I thought our cars were CBS though so it may not be 2 services. That’s what I was told by BMW anyway

Yes they are but you will get a service in before 18k

also, it’s millage or two years. So if you have a service in the first year, you are guaranteed another one two years later before expiry of 36 months

24 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Yes they are but you will get a service in before 18k

also, it’s millage or two years. So if you have a service in the first year, you are guaranteed another one two years later before expiry of 36 months

Mines a 17 plate pal I got it as a bmw approved used.  I guess it’s 3 years from registering 

Mines a 17 plate as well, you can buy the Service Pack all the way up to the first service on the car. Limit is 3 years/36000 whichever is sooner. In your case, it will likely be the miles. 

I still think you are bound to get 2 service. Even with pure motorway driving, the car will not go more than 18k without a service based on CBS

25k p/a over 3 years. Service pack was £500. First service done a month ago.