Misterbish

Improve Corner Stability

Hi All

I have been dwelling on the idea to swap out my standard anti roll bars for some beefier one's, can anyone confirm if the Msport anti roll bars are more heavy duty than my standards on a 530d, or will i have to go down the M5 route.

Have a look on RealOEM to see what the part numbers are, should tell you the thickness of the bars on there too :) 

Many thanks for the replies, i didn't realise that RealOEM listed the sizes, found a couple online and not a bad price.

Front standard 24.6mm changing to 25.6mm

Rear standard 13.5mm changing to 16mm

That should keep it more level on cornering and fast roundabouts without ruining straight line comfort levels

3 hours ago, Misterbish said:

Many thanks for the replies, i didn't realise that RealOEM listed the sizes, found a couple online and not a bad price.

Front standard 24.6mm changing to 25.6mm

Rear standard 13.5mm changing to 16mm

That should keep it more level on cornering and fast roundabouts without ruining straight line comfort levels

E60 Front ARB (diameter)          530D           535D           550i                M5         

Standard                                       24.6 mm    25 mm         25 mm             -

Sports (S226A)                            25 mm       25.5 mm      25.5 mm         -

M Sport (S704A)                         25.6 mm    25.6 mm      25.6 mm        26.5 mm     

E60 Rear ARB (diameter)          530D           535D            550i                M5         

Standard                                      13.5 mm     13.5 mm     13.5 mm           -

Sports (S226A)                           14.5 mm     14.5 mm     14.5 mm          -

M Sport (S704A)                         16 mm        16 mm        16 mm           18 mm

Edited by jake13

14 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Or retrofit Dynamic Drive. :P

Can that even be done?  The pipework looks incredible

3 minutes ago, Dotcom1970 said:

Can that even be done?  The pipework looks incredible

Of course everything can be done but this would be quite epic job and costly.

Dynamic Drive and sport (not M-sport!) springs and dampers if by far the best combo I've driven any E60.

Edited by Clavurion

Just now, Clavurion said:

Of course everything can be done but this would be quite epic job and costly.

Much like retrofitting the auto cruise control and the high AC system I'd imagine