Yokozuna

3night break suggestions please

Where would you choose to spend 3 nights at the very end of August and the beginning of September? 

Cash money no object (well let’s say £3k) and within a 2.5hr flight from the northwest of England or a 5hr drive from the N/W. 

And why would you go there? 

Cheers lads

Or maybe I could get the ferry from hull to Rotterdam then 3 nights somewhere in Europe? But don’t really want to drive loads....

If you’re ok with ferries, how about Dublin?

Too many to chose from including: Prague, Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Bruges or Brussels (Eurostar), Zadar or Split (Croatia), Rome, Florence/Sienna, Naples

11 minutes ago, syncrofred said:

If you’re ok with ferries, how about Dublin?

Ferries are no problem Fred! It’s the Irish....

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, E39mad said:

Too many to chose from including: Prague, Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Bruges or Brussels (Eurostar), Zadar or Split (Croatia), Rome, Florence/Sienna, Naples

Ok Mr R why would you go to them places? ;) 

Right, if I asked for a list of places then you lot would get a gold star....

what I want is why you recommend theses places? 

Wheres good to go? 

And why....

Edited by Yokozuna

Seville... Fantastic city; stunning food and drink with over 3k tapas bars and a very friendly atmosphere

Lake Garda/Como - stunning scenery, stunning people, bloody scary prices though!

Barcelona/Madrid - fantastic city breaks with lots to see/do and again, superb Spanish food/dining/drinking etc

I've been to all I've mentioned, but these 3/4 would be my top choice with Seville at the very top. However, I'm a foody person, so I let my bellies lead the way :lol: 

If you wanted a very local few nights away; I'd highly recommend Beaumaris, stopping at The Bull, have one night in The Loft restaurant, one in The Midland Tapas and one in Tredici and you're all sorted. 

Great drive there, very scenic. Stunning island of Anglesey and Beaumaris has some great pubs and eateries, as does Menai Bridge (a short taxi drive away)

Thanks dan, I’ve not been Madrid but it might be to hot? I’m no good in the heat, I just turn into a soaking wet beer drinking bloke! :lol: 

north wales I’ve been to loads so maybe not? Plus it’s full of welsh...

I might just go back to Amsterdam an go the speak easy in the butcher ;) 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Copy and paste my Switzerland reply from last time - my vote doesn't change :lol:

Lol

yeah I have given that some thought! 

;) 

16 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Thanks dan, I’ve not been Madrid but it might be to hot? I’m no good in the heat, I just turn into a soaking wet beer drinking bloke! :lol: 

north wales I’ve been to loads so maybe not? Plus it’s full of welsh...

I might just go back to Amsterdam an go the speak easy in the butcher ;) 

Puff... 

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Great drive there, very scenic. Stunning island of Anglesey and Beaumaris has some great pubs and eateries, as does Menai Bridge (a short taxi drive away)

Ai, looking forward to Sosban and the Old Butcher after a bloody long wait soon! 

8 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Ai, looking forward to Sosban and the Old Butcher after a bloody long wait soon! 

Haven't had the opportunity to go there yet; we did have a look in last year and it looked superb

We really like Dylans in Menai and The Oyster Catcher over in Rhosnigr 

Yep, Dylans is great, especially if you can get on the balcony on a warm day, and the White Eagle well worth a look up if you're further up the island. 

Tried the Marram grass too, very nice. Gets a bit pricey though! 

3 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Yep, Dylans is great, especially if you can get on the balcony on a warm day, and the White Eagle well worth a look up if you're further up the island. 

Tried the Marram grass too, very nice. Gets a bit pricey though! 

White Eagle is our local; my folks have a property 5mins walk down the road in Rhoscolyn ;)  Been going there now since I was 11 :lol: It's changed, so, so much!!!

Quality - improved or different!?

We spent a good few years renovating a bungalow near Red Wharf, made it too nice to let but its a great bolthole particularly as travelling is a little tricky for me for the foreseeable. Looks like an amazing summer coming up though. 

10 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Quality - improved or different!?

We spent a good few years renovating a bungalow near Red Wharf, made it too nice to let but its a great bolthole particularly as travelling is a little tricky for me for the foreseeable. Looks like an amazing summer coming up though. 

Well it's changed hands a number of times; it was just a beer and butty pub when I was younger; now it's near enough fine dining/a la carte etc

Ah Red Wharf Bay; all sand and no sea :lol:  We do spend 90% of our time on the Beaumaris side of the island; the wife and I stop in Beaumaris or stay at Kingsbridge Camp site etc... It's better fishing there ;) 

Yep, even a busy day in summer will see a couple of dozen people at most down here but when the tide comes in over the hot sand.... like bathwater! 

Decent curries from the Sopna on the main road too. 

Edited by SuperDave

2 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Yep, even a busy day in summer will see a couple of dozen people at most down here but when the tide comes in over the hot sand.... like bathwater! 

Decent curries from the Sopna on the main road too. 

TBH its one place we rarely visit... However the water sounds like Rhosnigr; it couldn't get deep if it tried and on a hot day, it's luke warm :lol: 

We do skip passed Red Wharf Bay on our way to Molfre etc... I'll make sure we have a good root around there when we're down end of August!

49 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

We do skip passed Red Wharf Bay on our way to Molfre etc... I'll make sure we have a good root around there when we're down end of August!

Llanddona beach is the better side but its a real pig to drive down to, narrow twisties and very few passing places. We're close enough to walk! 

25 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Llanddona beach is the better side but its a real pig to drive down to, narrow twisties and very few passing places. We're close enough to walk! 

Aye; know Llandona, good winter fishing there when the surfs up a bit, like White Beach and Penmon etc