stu08

How do I remove HVAC connector?

Good afternoon all, 

As per title. I'm fighting a losing battle with a single connector which goes from the car loom into the rear of the HVAC panel. 

Are there any tricks for this one. Apparently it's a simple squeeze on the clips and pull. It isn't budging! 

Thanks for any help. 

Stu 

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

Just try and release it gently; if the tabs on the sides aren't releasing, have another pair of hands use small flat screwdrivers to help loosen the plug and it'll pop out

Thanks for the replies. I attempted pliers with a microfiber cloth for grip and.......nothing! 

I gave up and put the car back in the garage. Will get a second pair of hands on it. 

9 hours ago, stu08 said:

Thanks for the replies. I attempted pliers with a microfiber cloth for grip and.......nothing! 

I gave up and put the car back in the garage. Will get a second pair of hands on it. 

I found out  that gently heating the connector and surrounding area with a hair dryer usually does the trick

I'm really at a loss with what seems such a simple connector. I've been going Pulp Fiction on that thing with pliers and a hairdryer and it still will not come out. 

I was actually concerned of breaking the plug. 

7 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Spray some silicon lubricant in and around it and then use small screwdrivers to start levering the base of the connector out while squeezing the clips in.

Thanks for the advice. 

Where is the base of the connector? I was trying to work out where I would lever the plug from. I couldn't see the point where I'd lever from as the plug is so tight. 

9 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Just cut it and choppy block it back together ;) 

I'm almost at that point, although I'd like to beat the damn thing and remove it without cutting it.