Hi All

Dreaded issue with the navigation aspect of the screen after 7 years of owning.

Since last month during the mini heatwave I noticed the map not showing up on the right hand portion of screen, just the journey computer.

I was using a copied disc with updated camera lists etc.

I switched back to the factory CD nav and was working fine until couple weeks back whereby I would have to physically click on it and get the map back, rather than automatically coming on like usual.

As it’s just the nav part of the screen playing up... FOR NOW!!! does this mean the laser reader is on its way out?

Maybe even the whole iDrive is on its way out.

Any ideas on what the remedies are and more importantly how badly it will dent the wallet guys???

Cheers

8 hours ago, The Situation said:

Since last month during the mini heatwave I noticed the map not showing up on the right hand portion of screen, just the journey computer.

I think you are ok, this is optional as desired, cycle through to the view you want. If the lazer was a problem then no Nav map access would be available.

Well issue is as picture shows, the option for it does not even highlight itself to be selected.

The whole screen went blank for a few minutes today also before coming back on again.AF649CA2-A566-43F7-B982-0FDF3FF91C10.thumb.jpeg.78b9cddfc305967ab115d1e83b12f482.jpeg

Intermittently - sometimes comes up with disk error.

The main nav screen won’t come on if the secondary one is not working either.

If you have tried the original disk and still no difference I’d be inclined to think disk drive maybe try running a disk cleaner through it see if it makes a difference